Friday, November 16, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, Rowing Through The Rain Edition

It's raining, it's pouring...

We had a week of pretty much non-stop, cold rain 'round here but are so thankful to see sunny skies and warmer temps forecasted for the weekend. The good part about the rain is it made me finally sit down and come up with my kiddos' Christmas lists this year! And I'll be posting one of my most read posts of the year this Monday, so be sure to keep an eye out: A Gift Guide for Kids of All Ages!, just in time for your impending Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping. :) 

Until then, a few things we're saying CHEERS to this weekend:

Guy Weekends. Last Thursday, my hub and three of his best college buds headed to Knoxville for the weekend. And they had a blast! On Saturday, the four of them headed to the Tennessee/Kentucky game at Neyland Stadium. It was so interesting how different it is from Clemson! I'm so glad my hub had the chance to get away, but we sure were glad to see him arrive back home on Sunday since he had been gone since Monday! <3





Rally in the Valley. I've shared on here before, but when I was a student at Clemson, I was a Rally Cat (aka dancer/cheerleader). I loooooooved being on the football field and basketball court, cheering on our Tigers and was honored to serve as co-captain my Junior year before resigning my Senior year so I could do things like tailgate and have more time with my best friends during the week/ends. ANYWHO, being a Rally Cat was one of my favorite experiences at Clemson, and I love watching the Rallies when we go to games! So, I was super excited when the Rally Cats reached out to the alums and asked if we wanted to purchase some cute shirts for our daughters. Ummm...yes! And how cute are my girls in their "My Mama Put the Rally in Death Valley" shirts? Love them! And they are big enough that they will be able to wear them for years to come. Yay!





Operation Christmas Child. By now, most of y'all have probably heard of Operation Christmas Child. We love filling boxes for children in need each year. Last year, we did a bunch of boxes with our LifeGroup. This year, we did it as a family. We filled four boxes and decided to dedicate one to each of my four kids' ages/genders: So, one for a 9-year-old boy, one for a 6-year-old girl, one for a 4-year-old boy, and one for a 3-year-old girl. This is such a great serve project to do as a family. And the drop-off deadline isn't until November 19th, so there's still time if you or your loved ones want to fill some boxes! Check out the website for all the info! 


Prepping for Christmas fun! Can anyone else believe Christmas is right around the corner?! And we are starting to prep for a full season o' fun! We already have a few fun, seasonal events with friends in the calendar; we are preparing for Goldy's arrival; the kids' Christmas jammies, dresses, and outfits have been ordered; Christmas cards have arrived; Christmas lists have been generated and distributed to grandparents, aunts, and uncles; etc. Whew! Let the madness begin!...well, after Thanksgiving that is. I am one of those people who can't listen to Christmas music, string a single decoration, watch a single Christmas movie, etc., until after Thanksgiving. ;) 

Randoms. And let's see...a little phone dump randomness from the past week: 

I...errr...I mean Banks had fun with his "Disguise a Turkey" assignment:


Bella had her first time out(s). At first she thought, 'This is a blast!' Until she had to go again. Then, she changed her mind. 




Harrison and I are still s.t.r.u.g.g.l.i.n.g. to get ourselves to adapt to DST. We both have been up before 5:00 am most days over the last (almost) two weeks. Bleh!!! So by nighttime, we are both asleep minutes after our heads hit our pillows! 



Bella had a ROUGH week last week, for a number of reasons. Ultimately, we ended up at the ped after I started to panic about a couple things. 



But alas, all is now well. She has had an awesome week at school and in her therapies (look at my strong girl STANDING ON HER TIPPY TOES! while waiting for her beloved OT to arrive), and she was very well behaved at her audiology appointment yesterday. Whew! Thank goodness. I would prefer not to re-live the roughness that was last week. :/


I was so super-duper jealous of my hub yesterday. He traveled to Raleigh (NC, not our daughter ;) ) for a trip earlier this week and got to meet our friends' brand new, beautiful, miracle warrior baby, Cole. Isn't he just the sweetest thing in the whole entire world?! Eeeek! God answers prayers, friends. We love you Cole, and we love you Harvins! 



And now, a great weekend at home lies ahead! We have dinner plans tonight followed by basketball practice for Raleigh tomorrow (her first ever! and she's the only girl on her team! #girlpower). And then we'll just be doing a whole lot of college football watching (Go Tigers!) while knocking out some Thanksgiving prep. And then, on Sunday, Banks is getting baptized. Cue ALL of my tears! Finally, we'll head into our short school week as we anticipate Thanksgiving fun with family! We feel incredibly lucky to get to see both "sides" of our family every year for Thanksgiving - it is so special and so important to us. So, we'll spend some time in Aiken and then some time back here in the Mill. And I can't wait! 

Remember to check back Monday for the Gift Guide post. See y'all then! Have a GREAT weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment