Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Us Away

He suggested it just a few weeks ago. 

We had already made arrangements to for my "in laws" to come up for the weekend to hang with our s{quad} so that he and I could attend the Clemson game with our college friends, but then he suggested maybe we could sneak away a couple days earlier, just the two of us. 

It's hard, you know. When you have kids, it's hard to get away. I actually think my hub and I do a pretty good job of this - getting away for a few days, a few times a year. But almost never is it just the two of us. Our trips tend to be with friends or for work events. Don't get me wrong - they are fun trips with people we love. But they are with people. Not just us

Like most newlyweds, my hub and I went on a honeymoon immediately after we were married. But after that? After graduate school and career and kids came along? It wasn't until we celebrated our 10-year anniversary that just the two of us went away together again. We vowed we wouldn't let another 10 years pass before the two of us snuck away. And yet, four years later, it had happened again. 

So, when he suggested it, just a few weeks ago? That just the two of us get away together. And then found the quaintest, coziest cabin, situated on the tip top of the North Carolina mountains with the most beautiful, picturesque view? I was all in. And so, we went. And it was so needed and so, so good. 










Life gets busy. Priorities get shifted. Perspectives slide. But trips like this make everything that's important come back into focus: 

Us.

I love you, Rich. Thank you for our getaway. 

Yours Forever, 

Maude <3



No comments:

Post a Comment