Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Cheers to the Week, Long Weekend Edition

Helloooooo, internet friends! ;) We are coming off a nice, long 3-day weekend (that was *supposed* to be a 4-day weekend but the recent water main break changed that), and we truly enjoyed our extra time together. <3  Some things we're saying CHEERS to after an EPIC weekend for 1/3 of the Lu Crew:

Banks' 10th Birthday Trip. My hub and I decided that, in lieu of one of the big ol' bday bashes I love to throw my kiddos, the 10th birthday would = no official party; no official gifts. Instead? A weekend trip to anywhere of their choosing within the domestic US of A. Banks' choice? Washington, D.C. And that trip happened this weekend. And my big guys had an absolute, non-stop, memory-making BLAST!!! Banks, that lucky duck, got to skip school on Friday (which was originally supposed to be a district holiday), as he and his daddy boarded their flight just after 9:00 am. They landed in D.C., checked into their centrally-located hotel, and off they went! There was a 2:30 pm tour of the White House my hub had secured (which is a process in and of itself, requiring permission through our state legislature), but before that, they visited as many memorials and monuments as possible. 









Then, came the White House tour. 








And closing out Day 1? An evening, guided, bike tour throughout the city. Banks told me that, of everything they did, this was his very favorite. <3










Day 2 included all of Banks requests for the day: a trip to the zoo, lunch and catching some of the Clemson game, and then a trip to the Spy Museum to close out the day. 







It was an incredible weekend for both of them, and I am so happy for the time they got to share, together. <3

Weekend with Momma. Meanwhile, back at home...well, it was no trip to our nation's capital, but we still had fun! I managed to sneak out for a girls dinner on Friday evening before spending the rest of the weekend with 3/4 of my s{quad}. We arose bright and early and hit up my sanity-saver (aka Barre3) to ensure I was cool, calm and collected for the weekend - ha! We had big plans to go to our sweet town's Fall Frolic over the weekend, but the weather had other plans. So, we basically hung out, watched football, gorged ourselves on Button Macarons, made a haunted village, attended an awesome service at our church, and enjoyed each other's company while awaiting our two biggest guys' return (and when they did, Banks couldn't wait to show his little brother all the photos and videos from the weekend). :) 










Kindergarten Field Trip. Before the weekend fun, though, I got to enjoy a (chilly!) morning chaperoning my sweet kinder buddy at his first official elementary school field trip. And I LOVED my time with his and his sweet classmates. They are all just so adorable!


Breast Cancer Awareness Charity Cookies. Have you guys heard of Anders Ruff Workshop? It is an AMAZING business with locations all over the U.S. A momma in my neighborhood is the Anders of Anders Ruff (aka co-creator), and a dear friend of mine is their PR person. So, when I was asked to create some breast-cancer-awareness-themed cookies for their first annual event supporting an amazing cause, I didn't hesitate. And here, my friends, are how they turned out. They started as hearts but became some different entirely: 




And now, we are thrilled to have a shorter, 4-day week before welcoming in a busy weekend! I'll be back tomorrow with a special post. For now, have a great Tuesday, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment