Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Cheers to the Week, Welcome Fall Edition

It was 98-degrees several days last week (with a "Real Feel" of 105 some days). But then, praise the Lord, Fall temps finally arrived over the weekend. 

While the weather may have been stifling the last week, that didn't stop us from sneaking in some fun! A few things we're saying CHEERS to as we welcome in this new week (because I can't seem to get my act together to post these things on Friday lately - whoops!): 

Banks' Birthday. I never shared what we did on Banks' actual birthday, aside from his Birthday Olympics party. Well, if you've been around these parts for a little while, you probably know that birthdays are a big deal to me; so, we try to make them as special as we can for our celebrator. For memory's sake, here was Banks' special day, when he turned the big 1-0: 

He started the day with a big surprise: I always put some sort of door decorations on the birthday person's door but for double digits, I wanted something a little extra special. Enter: Happy Sign Surprise, who came quietly in the middle of the night to leave Banks a big ol' birthday sign surprise (and then returned quietly the following night to take them down). Local friends, so easy! Highly recommend them (and they have signs for all kinds of occasions).  




After the traditional birthday breakfast with Dad (apple doesn't fall far: Banks chose Waffle House - ha!) and church, Banks requested to "Go see Lambos." So, while I got things ready for his party and Bella napped, he and his dad and Harrison and Raleigh drove around to several car dealerships so he could lay eyes on alllllll the sports cars. Whatever floats the birthday boy's boat...






After Banks' party, he and I immediately went to Target so he could blow some of his birthday cash. Then, the rest of my Lu Crew met us for dinner at the birthday boy's choice: Chili's. Finally, it was home to blow out candles and hit the hay. It was a great day for our 10-year-old! (He also continues to grow like a weed, as we found out at his well-check last week. He is now 80 pounds and is 4"9.5' tall. He is quickly gaining on his momma...)











Fall randomness. A quick random assortment of some recent favorites: First, my dear friend (and Bella's occupational therapist!) passed along the most delicious recipe for Paleo Pecan Pie muffins and ohmydearLord, they were so good. And I say "were" because we scarfed those bad boys down in no time flat! 


Also good? My sweet friend who knows I love alllllll things pumpkin dropped off the most delicious, gluten-free pumpkin bread mix she picked up at Trader Joe's. Y'all. SO good. 



And nothing says Fall like Halloween decorations and the biggest mums I could find - ha! Our costumes our ordered, our Halloween candy purchased (big mistake - we can't stop opening the bags and eating it. Oops.), and our decorations are on display. Our neighborhood goes all out for Halloween, and we love it! Our decor has got nothing on many of the houses in our 'hood, but we still like to get into the spooky spirit. ;) 









Escape Room. Last Christmas, I gifted my hub with several gift certificates for different date nights so we could make sure to get in some good "us" time throughout the year. We realized last week that one would be expiring soon; so, we put it to use on Friday night: an escape room! We had done one years ago and were so excited to do it again. We chose a  super creepy, ghost-themed one given that Halloween is just weeks away, and when we arrived, we learned that we were the only ones signed up for that time slot (usually, you are paired with groups of strangers who have also selected the same time slot). It was really fun because it required just the two of us to work together to solve the ghostly mystery and escape the haunted house...and we did! With nine minutes to spare! 



Fall Family Photos. Every momma knows that Family Pictures = Stress. Right? Or is it just me? I always spend waaaaaay too long selecting the color scheme and coordinated outfits and then am a stress ball all day while getting myself and everyone else ready. But in the end, I am always so very thankful to have photos documenting our family at this season of our life. We get them every Fall and will forever and ever, Amen. This year, we worked with Ashley Hix of Ashley Hix Photography and cannot WAIT to share the photos she captured. I snagged a couple of pics of my peeps with my iPhone as we were finishing up since they were all in good spirits and my stress level had dropped to virtually zero - ha! 







I got the kids' outfits from a variety of places. Y'all let me know if you want details. As much as it stresses me out, as I mentioned, I spend hours upon hours scouring different websites for different coordinating outfits in different color schemes each year. And now that ours are done and I have those hours back, I am happy to scour for your outfits, if you want help. :) This year, my Lu Crew opted for goldish-tan and hunter green. Here is the dress I wore, which I got from one of my favorite online boutiques, Red Dress Boutique (not the best shot of it but you get the idea ;) ). 


Etc. Let's see. What else? Aside from our Fall sports and pictures, our weekend was filled with time with family and friends, enjoying the lovely Fall weather that God gifted us. <3





And that's it for now, friends! I am excited for an upcoming post that I had planned to share this week but due to a mail snafu, it probably won't be until next week that I am able to get it posted. Back soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment