Wednesday, November 6, 2019

2019 Holiday Gift Guide: For the Mommas

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way!

Now that the holiday season has arrived and is already racing by at lightening speed, it's time to make our lists and check them twice! I thought I'd do something different this year and throw together a little Gift Guide for the Mommas, with suggestions of a few things us mommas may like to receive from the ones we love this holiday season. In the past, I have put together Gift Guides for the Kiddos (check out last year's post HERE), but I thought it'd be fun to help a fella out and create one for us Mommas this year. So. Ladies. Feel free to share the link to this post on your Facebook page or text the link to your significant other if he is looking for shopping ideas for YOU. Oh, and let me know if I missed anything, and I'll edit this post and add your suggestions. Here we go!

Make Her Life Easier. There are so many service delivery companies to help out a busy momma these days. Here are a few options: 
  • Meal delivery kit - think Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, Etc. 
  • Shipt membership - for when she just doesn't have enough hours in the day and doesn't want to visit the grocery store for the 867th time that week. 
  • Amazon Prime Membership - 'Nuff said. Worth every penny. 
  • Laundry service - I am a brand ambassador for 2ULaundry, so y'all know I love it! You throw all your dirty clothes in a bag, leave it on your porch, and they are returned to you washed and folded the next day. Want to save some dough, local friends? Use my code: Luton1195 and save!
Help her look good (while sweatin' it out). Maybe the lady in your life loves to work out already? Or maybe she is already preparing for 2020 resolutions? Regardless, every momma loves to look good while sweatin' it out, right? Most of my workout wear comes from Old Navy or Fabletics, BUT there is a cool new company that has really awesome athletic clothes. I have bought a sports bra and a new, favorite pair of workout leggings from them and love them both! The pants suck everything in while looking cool, in all kinds of designs and patterns. Check them out! They're called Zyia and they rock!



Help her feel good. Evvvvvvery momma loves to feel beautiful and pampered. And with much of our time spent devoted to caring for our crews, it's easy to let ourselves slide onto the back burner. But a gift card for various beauty services can prevent that (I never feel guilty spending money on myself when it comes in the form of a gift card, and a dedicated one to a beauty service ensures I won't spend it on the littles in my life). A few suggestions: 
  • Mani/pedis at a local parlor
  • Massages or facials at a local spa
  • Anti-aging services at a local dermatology or skincare practice
  • Microblading (I have not been shy about sharing my experiences with this. I just had my 6-week touch-up session this week, and I cannot tell y'all how much time this has saved me every day already and how much more confident I feel without having to tediously draw on my brows first thing every single morning. Stephanie Leigh did mine and I highly recommend her!) 

Help her feel cozy. There is just nothing like feeling warm and cozy during the cold winter months. How about some cute, cozy jammies? Or some toasty slippers? (I don't have them but know so many swear by the Ugg slippers!) Maybe a nice, soft robe? A sweet friend recommended Lake Pajamas, and while I don't (yet!!) own a pair, I have heard only RAVES about this brand and their jammies. 

Help her escape into a good book. I am not a Kindle girl. I like to read an actual, paperback book. BUT I also love to listen to a good book during runs, when getting ready in the morning or night, or when driving around solo running errands. That being said, Audible credits are a great gift for girls who like to listen to books, too!

Help her feel beautiful. Earlier this year, I went to a make-up party with a well-known, Charlotte make-up artist. It was there that I was introduced to several make-up brands and products that I love and now swear by. A few brands I love and wear almost, if not every, day (and the Sephora holiday sale is on now, so shop soon!) : 
  • Charlotte Tilbury - Hands-down fave. I have the Wonder Glow Primer as well as the concealer and love them both. AND I will be ordering the foundation next to try something with a little heavier coverage for the winter months. 
  • Becca - Oh, how I love the anti-fatigue under-eye primer. I also used to wear the under-eye brightener and love it!
  • Tarte Shape Tape - I have been trying to compare this to the Charlotte Tilbury, even wearing one of each under different eyes to see if I can tell a difference. In the end, I think the CT may sliiiiiightly edge out the ST, just because I don't notice it getting into my under-eye creases (read: wrinkles) as much. Still, though, I love Shape Tape for heavier coverage - it's pretty magical!
  • Tarte Quench Lip Rescue Balm - obsessed with this stuff! Provides light, pretty color while nourishing the lips.
  • NARS concealer. I love this for covering pesky blemishes that yes, still plague even us 30-something-year-old (let's be honest, verrrrry close to 40) mommas from time to time. 
  • Rodan+Fields Radiant Defense. I have used this for over a year and absolutely LOVE it. I also sell the stuff, so let me know if you want to give it a try. 
Help her kick it with cute kicks. If you've got the dough and she's a trend-seeking momma, Golden Goose are all the rage. Otherwise, there are plenty of knock-offs floating around that are just as cute, in my opinion, and much kinder to the ol' wallet. A friend swears by this awesome brand. For me, I basically live in a warm pair of boots I can throw on in the winter (Uggs) and slip into my favorite slide-on canvas shoes (i.e., Converse or Blowfish) in the summer. 

Help her dress her best. I know some significant others don't like giving gift cards, but I can tell you, many of us mommas love receiving them! When I get gift cards to local boutiques, it ensures some guilt-free shopping at a place I love. Locals, my favorites are Page 6 Boutique; Broadcloth; Katyloo. Or, what about dressing up her house? Gift cards to home decor stores are also fun! My local favorite is Crossings on Main. 

Help her have a night (or two) out on the town. We all need a break from time to time, amIright? What about getting your lady love a gift certificate to any or all of the following, for both date nights and girls nights:
  • Fun local restaurant
  • Fun activities (bowling; axe throwing; curling; escape rooms; wine tastings; movies; Anders Ruff Workshop)
  • Upcoming concerts
  • Night at a hotel for a little staycation
Help stuff her stocking with things she'll love. Don't forget those stocking stuffers! A few suggestions: 
  • Favorite bottle of wine (or a small bottle of liquor) and a pretty wine glass
  • New coffee mug
  • Dry shampoo
  • Lower-priced, high quality make-up (L'Oreal Telescopic is still my favorite mascara!)
  • Pretty nail polish AND Sally Hanson Kwik Dry. This stuff is awesome for making polish last!
  • Yummy treats: chocolate; macarons
  • Cute hair ties
  • Cozy socks
  • New undies
  • Bath bombs
  • Sweet jewelry. A friend recommended this beautiful hand-stamped jewelry by Made by Mary, and I love how sweet, personalized, and dainty this is. <3
And there you have it - a gift guide for the mommas! Happy Shopping to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment