Monday, November 18, 2019

Prime Time, Take 4

It's been a couple months since I wrote one of these bad boys, and personally, I love when other bloggers share their latest favorite Amazon finds. Also, inspired by one of my dear friends, I have a goal of completing all (or at least 95%) of my Christmas shopping before December 1st this year! So, a peek at a few things I have been Amazon Prime-ing lately, with my self-set deadline just around the corner: 

Meringue powder. Holidays mean time for baking! I baked and decorated thousands of cookies as an adoption fundraiser when we were waiting for our Bella to come home. And while my current season of life doesn't allow me to take on regular orders right now, I do love to get into the kitchen and whip up a batch of homemade, hand-decorated cookies when I can! I have a super cute Thanksgiving cookie platter planned for our meal with my hub's "side" of the family, and another batch I will be baking up for a Secret Santa gift exchange; so, I definitely needed more meringue powder in anticipation of making all that royal icing. This is the kind I use and love, fellow bakers. I'll share photos of the cookie platter I create soon! 

Digital bookmark timers. Thanks to another blogger, I found the cutest bookmark timers for stocking stuffers for my Big 3. Each of my big kiddos has to read for 20 minutes every day as part of their homework, this way, they can each mark their individual reading time while saving their page when done. Love it! 

Gumball machine. All credit goes to my friend Kelly for this one. Her cutie kindergartener brought this gumball machine in to share with his friends a couple weeks ago for his Show-and-Share Day, and now Harrison wants one. Done and done! He'll be so excited to see this on Christmas morning, no doubt! 

Wireless bluetooth headphones. Whelp, after two years and hundreds (thousands?) of miles pounding the pavement, it was time for a new set of wireless bluetooth headphones. Not because my others bit the dust but because I accidentally left them on the plane when arriving home from Napa. Oops. My old pair was no longer available, but I got this pair, and they are just as good! This is a FANTASTIC gift if you have a runner/walker/jogger in your life. 

Women's wide brim wool hat. I am not typically a hat girl - I just don't think I can pull them off very well! - but I just had to have one for our Napa trip...but didn't want to break since...I'm not typically a hat girl. Thanks to an amazing fashionista friend, I found this one on Amazon at a price that didn't break the bank. AND it traveled well in my gigantic, overly-packed suitcase. Win-win! 

Bob Goff Daily Devotional. I have spoken of my love for Bob Goff's writing on here before. His book, Everybody Always will hands-down be one of my all-time favorite books, and I have gifted it to every dear friend I know for their birthday this year. So, I was OVER THE MOON when I learned he was releasing a 365-day devotional. I gifted myself with this beauty of a book and cannot wait to dive in on January 1, 2020. 

Tennis racket for kids. Raleigh was in need of a new tennis racket when she took up weekly lessons a couple months ago. Found this one for a steal and it worked perfectly for her! 

Toilet Trouble. If you have a preschool/kindergarten/1st grade boy in your life, this game will be a hit. Trust me. Think that "Pie Face" game but with a toilet that sprays water in their faces. It's a home run every time. 

Fairy Garden. And for little girls, I love gifting fairy gardens like this one as birthday and/or holiday gifts. So sweet. <3

Great books. I am planning to write up my 2019 Book Review next month, but for now, I'll share a few books I have read lately that are FANTASTIC that I Primed, either via paperback or my trusty Audible app: The Tattooist of Auschwitz (absolutely fantastic); When Breath Becomes Air; Inside Out: A Memoir; Love Warrior; What Remains: A Memoir of Fate, Friendship, and Love. I am currently reading Brain On Fire: My Month of Madness (a big hit for this neuropsychologist nerd who loves reading any and everything related to neurological functioning), and already have my next book on my bedside table and waiting: We Were the Lucky Ones. 

There you go! I hope that helps with Christmas list brainstorming! Any great Amazon Prime finds you'd like to share? Help a Christmas-shopping-momma out! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment