Sunday, December 16, 2012

Refresher

{Please note: I wrote this post last week. It feels a little strange to be posting it now, given the heaviness we are all now feeling related to the unfathomable elementary school shooting in Connecticut, as this is meant to be a light-hearted and quick post about my children's book. What I really want to write about is how heavy my heart feels, how I feel guilty when having to discipline my own children [because at least I have my children here on Earth with me to even be able to discipline--does it really matter if my son gets out of his chair at dinner?], how I have struggled with acknowledging that I had a challenging week last week when my challenging week doesn't even begin to compare to what others are going through, and on and on and on. But. Today is my birthday. And I don't feel like sinking into sadness. And I am tired after a full and fun weekend. So I will proceed with the planned post. But I may very well write out my heavy thoughts at some point this week, as writing is truly so therapeutic for me. Anywho. Onward we go. To the light-hearted, "fluff" post.}
 

I'm pretty sure that the very last thing on anyone who reads this blog's mind is to take pictures for My Idea, post them to Instagram, and tag me (@lindsayluton) with the hashtag #morethanphoto.

Just a guess.

Well, 'tis the season for great winter photos. Just as a very, very friendly reminder from a girl who has a dream of publishing a children's book filled with YOUR Instagram photos, here is the list of photos I need for the book, with those highlighted in red that may be especially easy to capture over the next couple of months:

  • Sun surrounded by clouds
  • Pitcher of sweet tea with lemons
  • Bumbleebee
  • Butterfly (preferably on a flower)
  • Grass with dew or mist
  • Bullfrog in a puddle (yes, I know this is a tough one)
  • Lightening flash at night
  • Peach pie
  • Full moon
  • Front porch with a porch swing
  • Hummingbird on a flower (yep, another toughie)  
  • Shade from an oak tree
  • Rocking chair
  • Storm clouds
  • Autumn leaves in the trees/on ground
  • Fish in a stream (maybe the toughest of them all)
  • Stars and moon
  • Some type of berry field (strawberry?)
  • Ocean waves on the sand 
  • Quilt 
  • Embers and/or fire in a fireplace
 
I've said it before, and I'll beg say it again: Please, please, please feel free to share the link to this blog post to anyone who may want to participate. You have no idea how much I appreciate your support and participation. 
I can't wait to see the latest round of photos

And bring it on, 32. I'm ready for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment