Monday, August 19, 2013

Prayers

I don't understand why some of us are dealt more difficult hands than others. Why some of us have to face incomprehensible challenges while others just seem to float through life, seemingly unscathed, without having to face any real adversities. And I especially don't understand why sometimes, even those who have faced even the toughest of situations, STILL encounter devastating road blocks through life. It just doesn't seem fair. To be honest, I sometimes get angry and think, "Okay, God. Xxxx has endured enough in his/her life. Give him/her a break." But it just doesn't go that way sometimes. And it makes me sad and frustrated and hurt and confused. 

I will never understand why the world works the way it does. At least, not during my time on Earth. As my favorite blogger, Glennon Melton says, life is beautiful and brutal. Life is brutifal. I'm just not sure why some have to face more of the brutal sometimes. It just isn't right. 

What I do know, is that life isn't fair. But what I also know, is that during these times, when my beliefs are shaken and my world view narrows and my heart starts to harden as a form of self-preservation, is that I need to turn to my faith. 

So, I pray. I pray with all my might, for good things to happen for good people. For faith and hope and love and good to persevere. 

I believe in the power of prayer. 

And so. I ask you to please, right now, as part of an unnamed prayer request, take a moment and send a prayer up to our good Lord. I've had many a conversation with Him. He'll be expecting your prayers. He'll know what they're in reference to; so, don't worry about the whole "unnamed" part. 

Thank you in advance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment