Friday, August 30, 2013

Coffee Date Friday: With A Little Clemson Cheer

Hi there! Sorry to have missed our caffeinated conversation last Friday (via a link up with Rags to Stitches), but I'm back and ready to resume our weekly virtual coffee date. Before we begin, though, may I just say...

C-L-E-M-S-O-N...T-I-G-E-R-----S, 
Fight Tigers! Fight Tigers! Fight, Fight, Fight!


Circa 2001: From my Clemson Rally Cat days

That's right, folks: Football season has finally arrived!! So, as we toast our mugs and dive into our chat, let's also acknowledge the air of college football excitement underlying our coffee-filled gathering today. 


From our first game as a family of four last year

That being said, I would first ask, how are YOU? What's new with YOU? How is YOUR week going? Anything exciting happening for YOU on the horizon? Fill me in on the latest and greatest. 

After ensuring I was properly educated on all things YOU, I would share the following about little o' me and the current comings and goings in my life:

...I would share that, at the beginning of the summer, my hub played a song for me, saying it reminded him of us and the summer we met and, subsequently, spent side-by-side. Imagine my surprise when, the other day, Banks asked me to play his favorite song for him. When I asked him what it was, my jaw dropped when he requested the same song my hub had played for me months ago, Brad Paisley's "Beat This Summer." Now, one of my favorite things to do is to sing this song at the top of my lungs, with the accompaniment of Banks, while riding around town.

...I would tell you that my Raleigh is developing the sweetest Southern accent. Example? What the rest of us would call a /chip/ she pronounces as "chee-uhh-pp." That's right. Three full syllables for that short little word. And, as a Southern born and raised Momma, I would also tell you that I love that little Southern twang!

...I would admit that I was oh-so-happy when I discovered that "Teen Mom 3" started the other night. Yes, I realize I am 15 years older than most of these girls, but there is something about the trainwreck of a show that captivates. Don't tell my Wall Street Journal-readin' hub. He may just disown me. But. I'm already ready for next week's episode.

...I would tell you that we made some major strides with our home decor revamp this week, including ordering a new rug, pillows, and sconces for our family room, painting part of the dining room, having curtains made for the kitchen, and re-framing three pieces of art that hold so much meaning for us. Although it has been busy, busy, busy with all this going on this week, there is still much that needs to be done. Whew! I can't wait to see the finished product. And, of course, I'll do a revamp reveal at some point, for anyone who may be interested in that sort of thing. 

...I would try to take deep breaths to reduce some of the stress I am feeling related to events on the horizon for the next few months, including throwing a couples wedding shower for my baby sister, pulling off my little buddy's 4th birthday party, attending my sister's wedding, soaking up family time for the Thanksgiving holidays, hosting a baby shower for my awesome sister-in-law, and getting ready for the Christmas season and celebrations, not to mention attending several family birthday parties. Whew! Inhale, hold, hold, exhale. Repeat as needed. 

...I would share that Raleigh and I accompanied Banks to his pre-school Open House earlier this week so he could meet his new teachers and reunite with his old classmates. Although a little timid initially walking into his new classroom, it melted away the second he spied a...you guessed it...race car. After seeing all the cars that await him at school, he didn't want to leave and immediately asked if we could come back to school later that day. Ha!

...I would ask, most importantly, that you keep my sweet Raleigh in your thoughts and prayers. WARNING: For those not interested in hearing about poop, please stop reading now. The thing is, for over three weeks now, my little girl has not had a single, solitary solid poop. You can read between the lines for what that has meant for her poor tummy, and poor hiney, for the month of August. At first, I attributed it to a stomach bug. Then, to teething. But now? Now, that it's been almost a month? It is problematic. I took her to the pediatrician one night earlier this week and we decided to try a probiotic to attempt to nip this thing in the bud. However, if that doesn't solve the problem, I have been instructed to collect a stool sample for further testing to make sure it's not something more serious. So, please say a prayer for my little girl and cross your fingers that this probiotic puts an end to this messy month. 

...Finally, I would tell you that I need to wrap things up and get to packin'. You see, first thing in the morning, specifically 12 HOURS before the Clemson game actually begins, my hub and I will be leaving to meet up with 14 of our closest friends before heading to Clemson for a FULL day of tailgatin', GameDayin', chattin', eatin', drinkin', football watchin', and cheerin' on our Tigers. And, thanks to my parents, we will end the day with (hopefully not just a W!!)  a stay in a Greenville hotel while my kiddos soak up time with their Bammy and Digby. So, like I said, it's time for me to start packin'. 


From our Clemson girls weekend, circa 2010

I so appreciate you taking the time to enjoy this cup o' joe with me, and I know it goes without saying you'll be cheering on my Tigers, right? 

Until next time!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I hope you have such a fun weekend!!
    Poor sweet girl's tummy :(
    Are they checking her for c. Diff?
    Hopefully it's just something in her diet you can alter.
    p.s.
    I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately.

    ReplyDelete