Tuesday, October 28, 2014

One Half of One Year

Harrison,

I truly cannot believe it when I re-read the title of this post. My precious baby boy, my last little one, my cubby, you have officially surpassed the 6 month mark. 


The last six months have been the fastest, hardest, most exhausting, most rewarding, most precious, most emotional, most amazing, most beautiful of my entire life.

 

I have been waiting my entire life to have my three children and finally, they are here. YOU are here. And I will be thankful for that for the rest of my life. 


Sweet Harrison, you are pure joy, my littlest bud. Your Daddy and I always say, "He's just happy to be here." And it's true. You radiate light and love and life. 


There are simply no words for how much I adore you, little cubby, and I just don't know what I ever did without you.


At your 6-month check-up, you weighed 16 pounds, 12 ounces (36th percentile) and were 27 inches long (70th percentile), which is almost EXACTLY what Raleigh's measurements were at your age! However, you definitely have chunkier thighs than your older siblings ever did, and your Daddy and I just can't get enough of them! 



These days, you have gotten pretty good at sitting up by yourself, although you'll still topple over sometimes when you get distracted by a toy. You are also thisclose to crawling. Oh man!!! It's about to be a whole new world in our household. You can slowly make your way across the room....but backwards! You haven't mastered the forward motion yet. 


You smile big any time you see or hear me and will giggle uncontrollably at your big brother and sister, for no apparent reason! You also adore your Daddy...and the feeling's mutual. He can't get enough of his littlest guy. You aren't babbling yet but love to "roar" and make the /mmmmmm/ sound. I'm fighting hard for /mama/ as your first word! You also love to try to "talk" to me while you're nursing--already a multitasker, just like your Momma. Your naps are a battle these days. Just within the last week, you have gotten really stubborn when it comes to napping unless someone is holding you. You can be sound asleep in my arms, but the moment that sweet noggin' hits the mattress, BOOM! You are awake and frustrated! Luckily, this is only an issue during the day. You are still doing really well sleeping at night (knock on wood!)! Here's some more of what you're up to these days:


Yes, you are pure JOY, sweet Harrision, and I can't wait to see what the next six months bring! 

With All My Heart, 

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment