Saturday, April 25, 2015

One

Hi you!
It's me:
Your momma 
(Of three!).

There's something that you need to know:
I don't want this first year to go.

It's hard. So hard.
And there've been tears-
     Happiness;
          Frustration;
               Exhaustion;
                    Fear. 



I've learned so much.
You've taught me well:
     
  Be stronger. Calmer. Let Love swell.
  Let each day start o'er, anew.
  Forgive myself (and others, too).
  Smile more. And worry less.
  Soak you in with big deep breaths.
  Memorize how this life feels.
  Enjoy the seconds, minutes, years.



But. 

Here's what I want you to know:

  My heart's with you wherever you go.
  You're my last piece. And you're divine.
  A dream come true, forever mine. 
  Your first breath made my heart complete.
  I feel you there, each rhythmic beat. 
  You are so loved, cherished, adored.
  My baby boy, forevermore.



Today, we'll bid Year 1 adieu.
as we look forward to Year 2. 

But know this, my little light: 
You've made my life. Now, go shine bright.
____________________

Happy, Happy 1st Birthday to my last baby. You are more treasured, more loved, more adored than you will ever know. Thank you for being the sweetest, snuggliest, most joyful final piece of our family puzzle. You are my little light. And Harrison Robert, wow!, do I love you so.

With All My Heart, 

Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment