Friday, September 11, 2015

Five On Friday: Recap Edition

Hellooooo! Even though this was a short week due to the Labor Day holiday, it was a very busy one, and I am definitely excited to see the weekend arrive. I had so many momma friends warn me about how tired I would be once elementary school started and were they ever right! So, I am PUMPED it is Friday and am definitely ready for a pretty low key weekend. Before that, though, my Friday Five. A little something different this week: A 5-day recap:

[ONE]. Monday.
Labor Day. Woot! Woot! We started off our Labor Day by cheering on our Daddy in a neighborhood 5K benefiting an amazing program by our church aimed at ending sex trafficking in Charlotte. After a visit to Pure Barre for a quick Momma workout, I took my trio to the pool for the Labor Day pool party while my hub played golf with friends. Finally, it was time to wind down and get back in school mode. 





[TWO]. Tuesday.
Tuesday was recovery from the weekend day. Whew! And also a day to reflect back on an awesome trip to Death Valley over the weekend to watch our Tigers bring home the W! WooHoo!



 
[THREE]. Wednesday.
Now THIS was a crazy day! After getting Banks on the bus in the morning, it was time to get Raleigh ready for her first day of school in the 3s classroom! Although she attended preschool two mornings a week last year, she is now going three days a week, and we just adore her teachers. Raleigh can be quite shy and slow to warm up in new situations, but she did great, with no tears! And then she talked about how much she loved school and her teachers the rest of the day. 




Anywho, after dropping her off, I then dropped Harrison off at Mother's Morning Out. This year, he is going to be doing MMO in our neighborhood every other Wednesday for two hours. Not only will this allow him a little more exposure to other toddlers, but I will also be volunteering in Banks' kindergarten classrooms those two hours every other week. I am so excited to start! This week, though, I met with Banks' teacher during that time to discuss my...duhduhduh....Room Mom duties. I am co-room-parenting with another momma, and while I am a little intimidated by all the responsibility, I am hoping to help make this an awesome year for the teachers and students. :) 

So, after meeting with Mrs. M, I picked up Harrison and then picked up Raleigh. We headed home for lunch and naps and then I got Banks off the bus and drove him straight to the dentist. Whew! We got home just in time for dinner and then I headed out to a Pure Barre class. I swear I didn't sit down from the time I woke up until 8:30 pm, when everyone was finally in bed, lunches were made, etc. 

[FOUR]. Thursday.
We were up and at 'em bright and early yesterday morning, as all five of our little fam headed to the elementary school for the Boosterthon Fun Run. I volunteered during the event and got to mark off laps as the smiling, sweating, sweet kindergarteners ran their hearts out. It was so, so fun! Meanwhile, Banks had his little cheering section yelling loudly and proudly for him as he completed his 35 (actually, 40!) laps. Go Banks! Go FMES!





Shortly after, I dropped off Raleigh at her weekly tap/ballet class while Harrison and I enjoyed a special Cupcake Momma Date. :) 


[FIVE]. Friday.
And now, Friday. Glorious Friday. We have nothing planned for today, aside from me getting a LOOOOONG overdue cut and color at a hair salon later this evening. Other than that, we'll be in full relaxation mode as we head into a weekend full of football playing (Banks' first game!) and football watching (Go Tigers!).


Wowzers. What.A.Week.! I hope yours was great as well. Be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment