Friday, September 18, 2015

Five On Friday: Yaaaawn Edition

Yaaaaaaaawn. Oh man. I have really been struggling with my sleep the last couple months. I'll have a few good nights and then several poor sleeping nights in a row. I have NO trouble falling asleep, and it is a rare occasion that I am still awake at 10:00 pm. BUT. I have been waking up multiple times a night. And while I am usually able to get back to sleep within 10-15 minutes, I am not getting full, consistent sleep. Ugh. Here's hoping for some good rest this weekend. 

Anywho. 

It's Fri-YAY!!! Which means, the Friday Five:

[ONE].
Last Saturday was Banks' first flag football game. And ohmygoodness. Y'all. He LOVES it. I have always been opposed to my child playing football (hello, former pediatric neuropsychologist speaking here, one who used to perform concussion evaluations). But. I am also in full support of my kiddos following their dreams. And right now, for Banks, it's football. He had so much fun, made several amazing defensive plays, and even scored one of the two touchdowns. I can't wait to watch him in his next game tomorrow afternoon. Go Yellow Jackets!




[TWO].
Late Spring, my hub planted a little garden in our backyard, which included squash, green beans, okra, tomatoes, etc. Earlier this week, we were able to enjoy the fruits (errr...vegetables) of his labor when he made some DELICIOUS fried green tomatoes and fried okra. So, so good! And straight from our backyard!


[THREE].
I am so proud of my Raleigh Jane. Last year, when she started preschool, she would cry every time I dropped her off for at least the first month. This year, I get a big smile and wave as she exits the car, without even a hint of a tear. She is just loving school this year, and I love seeing her so excited each morning. 


[FOUR].
Back to school for Raleigh (three mornings a week, that is) means I have gotten lots of solo time with my baby boy. Harrison and I have gotten in so much amazing playtime already. We read, we build towers, we play with sidewalk chalk, we swing, and just have so much fun together. And this little buster, well, my hub and I are convinced he is going to be an entertainer one day. Not only does he love to make people laugh, but he loves to sing--and he does it in tune! He is just captivated by music and it is the sweetest thing to hear his little voice belting out little tunes, babbling most of the way through and then throwing in key words where he sees fit. Oh my heart!

 


[FIVE].
I am SO excited that a pretty low-key weekend lies ahead for our Lu Crew. Aside from a date night/party tonight, a flag football game tomorrow, and a birthday party for one of Banks' best buddies on Sunday, we are plan-free and happy as can be! Woohoo! 

I hope you've had a great week as well! Be sure to check back here on Monday. I have a few Mom-ing Through Faith posts coming up that I am so excited and so passionate about. So, stop on by! See you then. :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment