Friday, September 25, 2015

Five On Friday: Turning Six Edition

Howdy, friends! It's Friday (yeehaw!), which means it's time for my Friday Five, which I (selfishly) write to share what we've up to the last week, as a sort of virtual diary of our day-to-day comings and goings during this season of life. Speaking of this season, whew! Things are busy (aren't they for everyone?! At pretty much all times?! Ha!). I wish I could carve out a little more time to write each week, but right now, I've only been able to manage my Monday "Mom-ing Through Faith" posts and this Friday Five post. However, I'll have a couple extra posts next week as we celebrate my firstborn, my Banks, turning SIX. Ahhhhh!!!! But more on that next week. 

Anywho, here's this week's Five: 

[ONE].
Last Friday night, my hub and I snuck out for a date. We tried this new local tapas place, and the food and bevs were delish! We then headed to a surprise birthday party for one of my dear friends whom I met through our LifeGroup. It was such a fun night, and the kiddos had a blast hanging out at home with their (Great) Uncle Tim and Aunt Bets. A win-win for all!




[TWO].
This was a crazy week, filled with play dates and dance classes and football practices and Room Mom meetings and volunteer duties and party prep and Pure Barre, and, well, life! Despite the craziness that is life, I must say that I am so proud of my hub. He has been going to these hard core F3 workouts (F3, by the way, stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith) several times a week for the past few weeks, which means his alarm goes off at 4:45 am!!! He then comes home and has the coffee ready and often, breakfast made, before I even make it out of our room. He then walks Banks to the bus stop, without fail, before we say our prayer together to officially start our day. How the man is still standing at the end of the day, I have no idea. But. I am so proud of him! Okay--proud wife gushing moment over. 

[THREE].
I started my volunteer duties in Banks' kindergarten class this week, and I absolutely LOVE it! The primary reason I became a pediatric neuropsychologist was to help children--I love nothing more than spending time with, and helping, kiddos of all ages. While I have temporarily taken off my pediatric neuropsychologist hat while I stay home with my own young children, my passion for helping kiddos remains steadfast and strong. So, I am thrilled to be volunteering in the classroom. I spend my first hour one-on-one doing tutorials with students who need a little extra guidance and the last 30 minutes helping out with clerical work. I just love it and will be looking forward to these 90-minute sessions all year. It's just a bonus that I get to see Banks hard at work in his classroom during these times, giving him quick smiles and hugs when I can. :)

[FOUR].
Raleigh is the "snack helper" at school today, which meant she got to create and bring in an "All About Me" box. She was so excited to decorate it and fill it with things she loves (her "honeys," her dance shoes, pictures of her family, etc.). 

[FIVE].
I have a VERY exciting announcement to make, although I'm not quite ready to share it yet (No, I'm not pregnant). Stay tuned...


We will be celebrating our birthday boy with eight of his good buddies at his party tomorrow, and I can't wait to share all the details of his fun celebration next week! With that, I'm off to finish decorating cupcakes and finalizing details. Have a great weekend, and keep it cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment