Took a few weeks to reflect, introspect, and gather my thoughts. But along the way, here's what we've been up to:
- We had a wonderful visit with our Nana and Pop, who we just adore. Lots of great conversation and quality time, including a girls-only shopping trip and some hoops for the guys.
- We squeezed in several fun playdates with sweet friends of all ages. <3
- The second the temperatures warmed, we headed outside for some Vitamin D.
- We were overjoyed to have Pancakes and Pajamas Day at school. :)
- We hosted a Super Bowl Party and cheered loud and proud for our Panthers. While we did not end up with the big win this year, we had a lot of fun along the way and can't wait to see what next season brings. :) We also let a certain somebody stay up late and watch the entire Super Bowl. He was PUMPED. <3
- We carted a couple of cuties to preschool whose parents had not yet returned from the Super Bowl.
- My hub and I snuck out for a date night.
- After having a nasty case of strep throat last month, I managed to contract the "most severe ear infection" the doctor had ever seen this month. What's next? Chicken pox?! ;)
- We stayed on top of our studies, including science and reading, of course. :)
- My hub whisked our daughter away for their second annual Daddy-Daughter Dance, first texting me to ask my permission for the date. <3 He picked her up at the door promptly at 4:30 pm, with a lovely bouquet of yellow flowers in hand, before meeting up with other daddy/daughter friends for dinner and then the dance. Just the sweetest thing.
- We found out my (step)sister's first baby will be a boy! We are so excited to meet sweet Sam this summer. And clearly, we were Team Blue when heading to the gender reveal party. :)
- We celebrated Valentine's Day as a family and just had the best day together: We surprised the kids with a few gifts and sweets in the morning and then headed to church. After a yummy lunch with dear friends, we headed home to relax and nap and stay cozy in front of the fireplace. That night, we Lu ladies were surprised and spoiled with a lovely dinner made and served by our Lu men at our very own restaurant. It was the sweetest thing, and Banks was the most precious, attentive waiter. Melt my heart. <3 We ended the day with family game night and had so much fun!
- We had lots of fun on President's Day, while home from school, which included target competitions (a HUGE hit that was actually a great way for Banks to get extra practice with addition!), balloon rockets, sack races, and game playing.
Welp, that pretty much sums it up. And February marches on... :)