Monday, February 29, 2016

Mom-ing Through Faith: On Being Uncomfortable

A friend posted this quote several weeks ago, and I have thought about it every single day since then. It was just what I needed to hear, right when I needed to hear it. Maybe you need to hear it today, too?

But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through.  -Mother Theresa

We each have this one life. What are you doing with yours? Do you trust God enough to do what feels uncomfortable? Do you have enough faith to know that He will be with you? 

(For the record, I ask myself these questions every day. To be honest, I am trying to get to the trust wholly part. It's scary. I'm working on it...I pray that I will get over my own insecure, selfish desires to follow the path He wants me to take, trusting Him all along the way.)

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment