Friday, December 16, 2016

Cheers to the Weekend, The Big 3-6 Edition

It's Friday! And just nine days until Christmas! And also, my 36th birthday! I'd say that's a pretty good trifecta for this momma. ;) That being said, here's what we're saying CHEERS to on this Friday, December 16th:

BLOMPSmas. We lovingly refer to my "side" of the family as BLOMPS. Twice a year, my parents and all six of their children and our spouses and our kiddos get together for a wild, crazy, chaotic, FUN time (This makes for 14 adults and 11 kids in one house. Whoa!) One of those times is our annual week at the beach. The other time is our gathering to celebrate Christmas, which happened for us last weekend. My parents recently moved in to a brand new house; so, this was our first time gathering in their new house for the celebrations. We ate, we drank, we laughed, we snuggled babies, we wrangled older kiddos, we played games, we got very little sleep, we opened gifts, we played outside, and just had a jolly ol' time. 

 




The Nutcracker. For the third year in a row, Raleigh, my momma, my momma "in law," and I went to the Columbia City Ballet's Nutcracker. Not only is it so incredibly special to me to have both grandmothers there with my girl, but the show itself is absolutely beautiful--it never gets old! I can't wait 'til our second Little Lu Lady can join in the tradition with us. <3




Cookies. I fulfilled my last cookie order of the year (#adoptionfundraising #docmommabakes) earlier this week, baking nine dozen cookies (snowflakes! Christmas trees! mittens!) for Christmas cookie bundles. And while I love baking cookies to help fund our adoption, I am very glad for a break for a few weeks so I can focus all of my time and attention on my family. <3





Apple cider vinegar. As of yesterday morning, I now take 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar every morning. I have two friends here who swear by it, and insist it helps to keep them healthy; so, I am giving it a go! Anything to help ward of illness during the cold and flu season! But y'all? It is DISGUSTING. And I feel like I smell like fair fries doused in vinegar after I drink it. Yuck!

School schedule. As it is with every child during the holiday months, whew! Things have been busy with lots of school activities. On Monday, Raleigh and Harrison had their preschool program, where Raleigh played the role of the Nativity Cow ;) and Harrison played the role of the 2-year-old toddler who loves nothing more than making people laugh-he rang his little bell like nobody's business, smiled as hard as he could, made funny faces, and jumped around while singing. Oh my word, it was adorable. 




There will be two preschool parties next week as well as a holiday party I organized for Banks' 1st grade class (#roommom). Throw in a holiday feast today at Banks' school and several themed days next week and things will definitely be a little nutso 'round these parts until school lets out for Christmas break. :)

Bday plans. I love, love, love holidays and birthdays and am excited for some fun today! My hub and I snuck away last night for a pre-birthday dinner and today I am looking forward to hitting up Pure Barre in the morning before joining my Bankster at his school feast, then going to grab a glass of wine with two of my favorite friends. Finally, we'll hit the road to head to Aiken to celebrate Christmas with my hub's "side" of the family. Sounds good to this 36-year-old!



Y'all have a wonderful weekend, and I'll be back soon with some fun Christmas posts. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment