Friday, December 9, 2016

Cheers to the Weekend, BLOMPSmas Edition

Hip, Hip, Hooray! Not only is it Friday, but it's also the day that all five of my siblings, our spouses, and our 11 babies will head to Bammy and Digby's house for our Christmas celebration with my "side" of the family. It promises to be a weekend of loud, chaotic, crazy, wild FUN, and I absolutely cannot wait! Before we hit the road, here are a few things we are CHEERSing today: 

The return of Gold E. Locks, aka "Goldy," our elf. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know some people are anti-elf, but I am basically the opposite of that. ;) My kiddos LOVE running down the stairs each morning to see what our crazy ol' elf has been up to the night before. As always, I'll be recapping all of his hijinx once he has made his final trip back to the North Pole in a couple of weeks. :) 

Painting pottery. Every year, I take my babes to the local pottery painting place, where I decorate a plate to add to our Christmas dinnerware collection and they select a small figurine of their choosing to decorate. We went yesterday and ended up with the plate as well as a pony, a princess, and two small Transformers-ha! Jingle all the way, right? I can't wait to see how they turned out when I pick them up in a week!


Baking. Although my kitchen will be buuuuuuuuusy next week as I crank out 9 DOZEN cookies for holiday bundles, I was able to sneak in a fun project this week, making some personalized mittens for 8 of the 11 kiddos from my family whom I will see this weekend (the other 3 are still a tad too young for cookies ;). 


Christmas shopping--check! I started early and hard this year and am SO happy to say that I have officially finished all of my Christmas shopping. Yeehaw! I set this goal for myself this year so that, after I crank out those cookies next week, I will just be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the rest of the holiday season, and I can't wait! 

LifeGroup family fun. Our LifeGroup headed out to the Billy Graham Library early this week to take in the gorgeous sights and sounds of their Christmas display. Between the live nativity, storytime, hot chocolate and gingerbread men, and horse-drawn carriage rides to check out the beautiful lights covering the grounds, it was just a lovely evening with my people. <3 

 


This jolly ol' soul was not an actual paid Santa. Just a friendly patron who had no problem taking on the role of Ol' St Nick, posing for pictures, and giving our kids candy canes. ;)


And that's it for now, with a full and fun weekend and week ahead! I hope y'all have a great one! And now, we hit the road for family celebration numero uno... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment