Friday, May 19, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, So Long School Edition

We are so close, SO close, to welcoming in Summer 2017! Well, Raleigh and Harrison have actually already entered the post-preschool summer dayz, having finished up school on Monday and rocked their preschool programs/graduation on Tuesday. Now, we just need our Bankster to close out first grade! He has two full days and two half days to go next week, and then it.is.on.!!!!! 

In fact, by this time next week, we will have whisked our trio away for a fun surprise trip. But until then, just a few more days to complete before we load up and head out. For now, here is what we are saying CHEERS to this week/end:  

Mother's Day. I had the loveliest Mother's Day last Sunday. <3 My hub did not allow me to lift a finger all day - taking care of all meals, chores, and childcare. :) The day started out with breakfast in bed and two dozen roses. I was then given the sweetest homemade cards and drawings and a gift card to shop at my favorite local boutique! After a lovely church service, we headed to brunch at one of our favorite local places, which included a mimosa for this momma. This was followed up with a NAP for ME! So divine! When I woke up, I learned that a giant turtle had made it's way to our yard, so we walked down to our little neighborhood creek to release him. Then came an hour-long tennis match with my hub while our trio played on the playground right next to the courts. Finally, we walked straight over to our pool, where we saw lots of friends and I was able to lounge and read a book while my hub watched the kiddos and ordered poolside pizza. Perfection! It really was such a nice family day, and I felt so loved and appreciated. Thanks, fam! <3 






Farewell baseball. Last Saturday, after Banks' team lost their playoff game the night before, we attended his baseball banquet at Mellow Mushroom. It was a great way to close out a fun season with a team of terrific kids. Banks has opted out of baseball for this summer, instead choosing to get in another season of flag football, which will start up in a couple weeks. Since he is also participating in his second year of flag football camp, it will undoubtedly be a football-heavy summer...and we don't mind one bit! We Lus LOVE us some football! 




The 80s. Last weekend, my hub and I headed out to an 80s soiree and had a totally radical time. Although the rest of the pics from the event shall remain confidential ;), here is one of my hub and me in our 80s gear before we headed out. 

 
Preschool programs/graduation. Like I mentioned, Raleigh and Harrison closed out an absolutely awesome year of preschool earlier this week. We were SO lucky that both kiddos had unbelievable teachers this year, who they just adored! Both Rals and Harrison did so well in their respective programs, and their daddy and I loved cheering them and their adorable classmates on. 






Raleigh then officially graduated from preschool in a sweet ceremony. Think Pomp & Circumstance, graduation caps, and lots of sniffling mommas (including this one). It was adorable. We then headed out to lunch with most of her sweet classmates before saying farewell and diving into summer! :) 




  
And now, the weekend begins! We'll be low-key tonight (finally!) before a busy day tomorrow of my hub and I participating in a little mixed doubles tennis clinic and tournament, Banks attending a sweet buddy's birthday party, and then my hub and I attending a sweet buddy's birthday party. :) Sunday will be church volunteering, a LifeGroup party for Bankster, Pure Barre for me, and softball for my hub. Whew! But then, oh but then, only four more days until our little getaway. Yeehaw! Happy Weekend, y'all!!!

And please keep those prayers coming for our adoption. We are still waiting for a few things to fall into place and could really use your prayers!!! Thank you in advance, and Happy Friday!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment