Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Loving Lately...

I haven't written one of these posts in awhile and thought it'd be a nice easy-breezy post after a crazy couple of weeks #endofschoolmadness. Here is a simple list of some of the things in my life that I am loving lately that you just may love, too!


Jack's jellies. Rarely do I buy clothes for myself, so when I do, I want to ensure it is something I will get a lot of use out of. During the summer, I am more often than not wearing a single pair of flip flops; so, I like to make sure they are a pair that are good quality and that will last. I am also not a "label" person - I buy things because I like them, not because of who makes them or what designer is the flavor of the month. However, I will say that over the last three summers, I wore a pair of Tori Burch flip flops pretty much day in and day out, which is probably why they finally fell apart this summer (and why I would be okay investing in them again). In fact, I intended to buy them again for this summer #ifitaintbroke, but they no longer carry the style I had :( and I wasn't loving any of the other options available. So. I switched it up. I had heard about these really comfy jellies, and once I saw they had them in a neutral shade (i.e., I can wear them all day err day), I was sold. Meet my new Jack Rogers jellies. They are very reasonably priced (especially for how much I intend to wear them over the next few summers) and very comfortable! Tip: If you are between sizes, size down. I wear an 8.5 and ordered an 8. They fit fabulously! I actually wore them out to a party the other night and was comfy all night and able to dance the night away when the dj was rockin'. :)

First Dates. My hub and I stumbled upon this cute new NBC, which chronicles the blind first dates of couples who have been pre-matched by producers. The show was created by Ellen Degeneres and is narrated by Drew Barrymore, and it is a really sweet, Friday night (8:00 pm) show. The season finale is this week, if you're looking for something new to watch! In non-boob-tube news, I have the goal of reading several books for fun this summer. Is there anything better than toes in the sand, drink in hand, and a book on the ready? I think not! I started What Alice Forgot recently and it is interesting so far! A girlfriend told me that two other books by the same author are actually better; so, I will be picking those up as soon as I finish this one (Big Little Lies and The Husband's Secret, for anyone who's interested). Happy reading and happy watching!
Shalom art. I am so, so lucky to be surrounded by so many amazing friends, from every age and stage of life. One of my insanely talented friends contacted me after reading our latest adoption update and gifted me with the most BEAUTIFUL piece of art. I fully intend to have it printed and framed and it is also currently the background on my phone...so that I will take a deep breath each of the fifiy million time I check my email. Thank you so, so much, Amy!!!
Queen of the Fill. Last year, one of my girlfriends introduced me to one of my most favorite cosmetic purchases ever, and I haven't looked back since! I have always had very sparse eyebrows but did not enjoy the hassle of carefully filling them in every morning. Ain't nobody got time for that. Enter: Queen of the Fill. It looks like a mascara wand but is made to fill your brows. A couple quick swipes and done! 

Lash Boost. Speaking of cosmetics, have you ever heard of Lash Boost? Ha! Unless you've been living under a rock, I'm assuming you've seen it overtake any and all social media feeds over the last...forever. Bleh. BUT I can honestly say that, while I don't love all Rodan + Fields products, I am obsessed with the amazing results this magical wand provides! I have never, ever, ever had good lashes. But after a quick (as in, like, two seconds), nightly application of this stuff, my lashes have been totally transformed. And now, I just use it every second or third night to maintain. It is awesome! Check out the before and after pics below (and also, my sweet itty-bitty toddler Harrison and my big preschool Harrison) :



Aldi. Random. I know. But also something that has saved us a great deal of money over the last several months; so, it is definitely something I love! Do you have an Aldi near you? If so, run, don't walk, to do your grocery shopping there. It has cut our grocery bill in half. There are no bells and whistles - you bag your own groceries, rent a cart for $.25 (which you get back when you're done with it), and the items aren't housed on pretty shelves in a modern store. BUT. The food is good and the prices are unbeatable. Although I still buy a few items at our Harris Teeter (e.g., deli meats and cheeses), almost everything in our pantry and fridge these days is from Aldi. Give it a try!

Summer Bucket List. I am also loving the fact that we are thisclose to summer! So. It was time to create our annual Summer Bucket List. Several items are repeat offenders--things we have loved doing in the past and look forward to every summer. Others, are new. I can't wait to cross each one off as we begin our summer adventures.


Plum Paper planner. Okay, okay, okay. I haven't actually purchased this yet...I am trying not to jinx our adoption. BUT the second we get confirmation that China approves us for our girl, I will be buying the planner I have already designed and is sitting in my cart on the website. :) What makes this planner so great? Well, in addition to the month and year at a glance pages (not unusual for a planner), you can personalize the planner in such a way that there are custom sections outlined on the side of each weekly page so that you can fill in what each member of your family has going on that day! So, along the side of each page, I will have my name, my hub's names, and all of our kiddos' names so that I can see what each of us has going on each day. Isn't that genius? I am thinking I will need it as a mom of four (say wha?!?). You also get to design the cover and there are tons and tons of beautiful options. I can't wait to order mine!


I know that's a pretty random list, but it's all that my end-of-school brain can come up with at the moment. Anything you would add that the rest of us need to know about it? Would love to hear!


No comments:

Post a Comment