Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A Tee-riffic Golf Par-tee!

Last weekend, we celebrated Banks' eighth birthday with nine of his best buddies, and we had a TEE-riffic time at his PAR-TEE (Warning: If you are not a fan of party puns, stop reading....now :) ). A couple months ago, we threw out some different party ideas for Banks to choose from, and he decided he wanted to have a Putt-Putt party. We have this awesome mini golf place right here in good ol' Fort Mill, which turned out to be a great place to host 10 young gentlemen for a morning o' fun. What was so awesome was that, for the two hours we were there, the party guests could play as much putt-putt as they wanted AND ride/play on as many of the games/rides/attractions as they saw fit. The boys had lots of energy to burn and burn it, they did. :) And now, the details of Banks' 8th birthday PAR-TEE


Invitations. For several years now, my dear friend Amy of One Good Name has been creating all of the party invitations and printables for my Lu Crew's celebrations. She is the BEST! Here is what she created to set the tone for the big day:  


Food. Food was kept verrrrrrry simple for the bash. Because the party was from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm, I didn't want to serve a big breakfast or lunch meal but did want the boys to have something to munch on through the morning. So, we started off the party with "Donut Holes-in-One" (so punny, amIright? ;) ) and ended the bash with some Momma-made cupcakes, which were topped with yummy, homemade buttercream "grass" and golf ball rings (which served as one of three party favors). Easy breezy!










Favors. I love putting my trusty Silhouette to use whenever I can! I found green and white visors at Hobby Lobby and couldn't wait to personalize them for the golfer guests! In addition, while I have taken a hiatus from my Doc Momma Bakes cookie shenanigans, I had to whip up a few dozen to make some edible, golf ball party favors for the boys, which were housed in these super cute golf cart favor boxes I also scored from Amazon. And, as mentioned, they received golf ball rings, which served as cupcake toppers. :)




Decor. I used one table for food and one table for favors and mimicked the blue/green color scheme from the invitations, incorporating printables from, who else, One Good Name. A fun "grass" table runner, some polka-dotted balloons, a few golf balls, and some punny signs were some of the things used to decorate the party scene






Outfit. We have reached the age where all things sports dominate our daily attire; so, I knew Banks wouldn't want some cutesy outfit. He had to look cool for his golfing buds, right? Amazon to the rescue for his party shirt. :) 


Action. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Enough about all the boring details. Let's get down to the action! I swear, these kids ran wild for two hours straight, going from attraction to ride to donut holes to golf to activities to presents to cupcakes to attraction to...well, you get the idea. I'll let the photos of the party guests speak for themselves. 
 





 









And there you have it! We had so.much.fun. celebrating our sweet 8-year-old. So much fun, in fact, that the majority of my Lu Crew crashed when we got home. The only thing I regret? Forgetting to snap a family photo at the party. So, I snagged a quick one with my birthday boy when we got home and called it day. Done and done. 


Happy 8th Birthday, Banks. We love you more than you love football...and Putt-Putt (and Pokemon). <3

No comments:

Post a Comment