Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Loving Lately

It's a been a minute since I wrote one of these, and I am ready for some light-hearted fun after a couple of tough weeks. So, here are a few things I am loving lately: 

Of Mess and Moxie by Jen Hatmaker. I love, love, love me some Jen Hatmaker. She is a best-selling author of quite a few books, her most well-known likely being For the Love (If you haven't read that one, it is awesome, too!). Well, I couldn't wait to get my hands on her newly released book. When I learned Raleigh and I would be driving 7 hours in one day, I was pumped because I knew Rals could watch some girly movies while I listened to Jen's new book while driving. Win-win! Check it out and let me know what you think!
 

Brag board. I don't know about you guys, but combating tattling is a constant in our home. I have also noticed lately that I have been very hard on, and critical of, my Crew. Enter the Brag Board, which I learned about by while listening to that wonderful book above. Basically, every time one of us notices someone else doing something nice or making a good choice, we write it on the brag board. This brings a little more positivity into our lives while drowing out some of that pesky negativity.  




Bright Eye Complex. Hi. My name is Lindsay. I am a Momma of four. A pretty-much-always-tired momma of four. Aren't we all, mommas? Aren't we all pretty much exhausted all the time? Well, I am tired of looking like it - with the dark under eye circles and what not. So, I will be ordering my Bright Eye Complex from Rodan + Fields ASAP. I am SO excited for it to arrive so I can start looking all bright-eyed-and-busy-tailed even though I may feel like...tail. ;) Anywho. This is a brand spanking new product that is all the rage, the one that you are about to start seeing all over social media. So. Let me know if you want to give it a try. I am not going to be an annoying R+F consultant and hunt you down, but I'm just sayin': I am happy to help you look all bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed, too! And yes, I will most definitely be taking my own personal before and afters, so stay tuned for that. Join me? It will be available for y'all November 4th, just in time for you to look all glowy and rested all throughout the holiday craziness. :) 

Homemade apple pies. Y'all know I looooooove to bake. BUT. Up until a couple weeks ago, I had never baked my own pie! So, after we made our annual visit to Windy Hill Apple Orchard, I decided it was high time for this baker to hop to it! I found a super simple recipe and was delighted with the results. Sadly, my hub can't eat apples (they give him migraines), but the kids and I were able to enjoy our fresh pie, right out of the oven. Delish! 


One Good Name. If you are ever looking for the cutest customized invitations, paper products, etc., you must check out my friend Amy's etsy shop. She started making my kiddos' birthday invitations and paper party goods a couple years back and we haven't stopped since. Not to mention, she is about the sweetest person on the planet and mother to four ridiculously adorable girls!  I submit, two of our recent invitations as Exhibit A and B:



Hillsong United. Ever since we returned from China, I have been running about three mornings a week. Although barre is still my most favorite, sometimes it's just not feasible to get in a class with our schedule right now. So. On the days I can't barre, I run. What's that got to do with Hillsong United? Well, I'll tell ya. Until recently, on the rare occasions I did run, I would pound the pavement while listening to hard-core rap. Yep. Love it. BUT. Recently, I have been using my morning runs to worship. I listen to my most favorite Christian group, Hillsong United (check out their Pandora station) and just think and pray and sometimes, cry. Yes, I have been the crazy crying lady running around my neighborhood. After after every single run, I feel refreshed and renewed, all because I am getting in that solo worship and prayer time. So good for the soul.  

FabFitFun. I had seen so much advertising for this company but it wasn't until several of my good girlfriends sang it's praises that I, too, bit the bullet. For those who don't know, FabFitFun release four seasonal boxes a year that contain all kinds of awesome products - some are for hair care, some are make-up, some are clothing items, some are jewelry, some are fun extras...you get the point. Anyway, it is so fun because you don't know what's in the box until the box arrives. A couple weeks ago, I received my first box ever - the Fall Box - and it was filled with some really great items! 
 

Now, hopefully y'all know by now that I like to keep it real. I won't endorse something unless I truly believe in it. That being said, there were some items that were meh to me. For example, there was a really neat lip color/balm stick that would be great...except it was this bold, bright red that I just canNOT pull off. There was also a really cute accessories holder...that I will use but wouldn't have bought if I had the choice. However, there were several home runs, too! In fact, more homeruns than strike outs. For example, there was this really nice mud mask product I have been using that has made my skin so soft and smooth! It really has made a noticeable difference. There was also a really pretty wrap I'll be wearing all winter long. 

And...there was a cute hat. Now, if you followed my Instastory during mt Fall box reveal, you saw me dogging the hat, insisting that I couldn't pull it off and that it would only work for some peeps. But after some encouragement, I tried it again after actually washing and brushing my hair ;), and I'm warming up to it (pun intended).



Some other cool things I have now learned about FabFitFun is that there are extra add-ons you can purchase separately (for example, they had those Diff sunglasses that people are loving as a $25 add on, among many, many other awesome products). Also, each box contains slightly different options. For example, my wrap is a cream and aqua/green-ish color, but other people's were different colors. Also, my box had an Apple Cider Vinegar hair rinse while others' had a charcoal brightening toothpaste. You never know what you're going to get until you open it to see "What's in the box?!" (name that movie ;) ).

SO. Here's the deal: each box is $50 (unless you go ahead and order all four boxes at once and then you save some dough AND can choose certain components of your box, like color schemes). However, the total worth of my Fall Box was $377. So, you are paying $50 but getting WAY more for your money! I think that's a pretty good deal, if you ask me. And, even though I didn't loooooove every product in the box, the ones I did love are worth WAY MORE than the $50 I spent! AND, while I am definitely not one to shop for myself, I have to admit that it was so fun to receive, open, and go through the box, discovering new products and clothing items. This would be an AWESOME Christmas gift for someone you love, no? (Or yourself, of course!). Give it a try? If you do, do me a favor and use this link to join, pretty please with a cherry on top?:

http://xo.fff.me/gJOLO
 

The Land of Motherhood. I love this beautiful, new website, which offers a soft, modern landing spot for us Mommas to share experiences, discuss products, and offer support. I was lucky enough to write a 4-part series on our adoption. If you haven't already, feel free to check it out. It highlights the process and experience from a different angle than I shared on here. <3

Can I also give a shout out to the creators of The Land of Motherhood, who sent me the COOLEST thank you gift for my series? Are you ready for this? A lemon tree! That arrived to my house in the mail. Yes, a tree was sent in the mail! I have never opened a package to find a living tree before, and now I want to receive one again! We can't wait for our tree to sprout lemons so we can make our own Lu Crew Lemonade. :)

Raleigh's curls. Anyone else ever feel jealous of your own kid's hair? Insert raised hand emoji here. We still aren't sure where Raleigh's blonde, curly locks come from, but man! I hope her ringlets stay forever.



Fall bucket list. Each season, I create a Fall Bucket list containing activities my Lu Crew can check off as the season wears on. We've already crossed off several items from our Fall 2017 list, with more check marks coming over the next couple weeks.


I think that's about enough of that nonsense, huh? Back to the work week we go! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment