Friday, October 20, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, Festivals, Field Trips, Fun, and Faith Edition

It's Friday, Friday, Friday! And it's a big weekend for us because we have some special visitors coming to stay but more about that next week. We have big plans of hitting up our town's Fall Frolic, playing outside in the lovely Fall weather, and preparing for a big week next week. For now, though, some things we've been saying CHEERS to over the last seven days: 

Attachment success. We reached a HUGE milestone with Bella last weekend. For the first time ever, I was able to leave her in the care of another while she was awake! This is huge for her! She felt safe and secure enough for me to leave her and didn't shed a single tear during the entire 60-minute workout session. I was able to get in a barre class at Barre3, a new barre studio that opened here and offers free childcare. Score! Now, I know it helped having all three of her big sibs with her, but I'll take what I can get. This was a huge win for our Lu Crew!  


Chinese Lantern Festival. Oh my word. This was such an awesome, awesome night. Our local botanical garden (which is about 30 minutes away) has been hosting this amazing event Wednesdays through Sundays since mid-September, and it ends on October 29th. I say that because, if you are local, I would very highly recommend it. It's not just a bunch of floating lanterns. No. Way. It is the most most amazing display of lighted statues and sculptures of all kinds of animals since the theme is "Into the Wild." There is a live Kung Fu show, craft station for the kids, food and beverage stations, etc., dispersed all throughout the massive, beautiful gardens. If you're going, I would definitely buy your tickets ahead of time and get there early (before the doors even open at 5:30 pm). Plus, this way, you can see everything in the day light and then again after the sun goes down. Beautiful both ways!






Anywho, we had planned to go to this event a month or two ago with two of our favorite families, who also have adopted beautiful daughters from China. It was so special to not only have our youngest girls together, but the rest of our kiddos too! In all, it was six of us parents and 10 kids, and it was a night we will not forget. 





School fun. Last Friday was community helper day for the kindergarteners, and Rals was thrilled that she was assigned to dress like a teacher. <3 I think she nailed the part. Ha!



And then this week, our beloved elementary school hosted the book fair, and I was able to sneak out early one morning to go to "Book and a Bagel" with Banks and Raleigh. They each bought several books they were excited to dive into, and it was so nice to enjoy our breakfast at school together. :) 


AND both Banks and Raleigh had field trips this week! Banks' was a visit around the town of Fort Mill - the police and fire stations, town hall, etc. Although it was rainy, that didn't deter the second graders, and Banks had a great time! Then, it was Raleigh's turn to head to the Greenway with the kindergarteners for some Fall fun! Although I was sad to not be able to chaperone either field trip thanks to a(nother) doctor appointment and therapy sessions, I am so thankful for kind and thoughtful friends and teachers who shared pictures of my elementary schoolers having fun with their buddies!



Finally, this kid got to be the snack helper earlier this week, which is a big deal in his big world! He also gets to wear his Clemson jersey to school today for "sports team day," which means this is like the best week ever for him. :) 


Good customer service. I am definitely CHEERSing good customer service (and God's hands, that were undoubtedly protecting Bella and I earlier this week). I was driving down the road after dropping off Harrison and his sweet friend at school when it suddenly sounded like a bomb went off in my car. It was so loud, my ears were ringing. What happened was, a big Mac truck (and not of the McDonald's variety ;) that was driving past had a large rock fly off the back of it, and it smashed into my windshield. Thank the Lord, it didn't shatter all the way through. Anywho, after a quick phone call to SafeLite by my hub, my windshield was repaired less than 24 hours later in my own driveway. Cheers to you, SafeLite, for your kind repairman and excellent service.


Healthcare professionals. This week, I want to give a big salute to the amazing healthcare team we have been working with over the last two months to help our Bella. These people have been such an integral part of our story, and we are so thankful for every single one of them. We added two new professionals to our healthcare crew over the last week and could not be more grateful for the kindness and compassion all have shown our girl. As a result of one appointment, our sweet little lady is now rocking bilateral AFOs! Although I will have a post dedicated entirely to our healthcare team soon, I want to make it abundantly clear that we are so very grateful for those who give their time and gifts to help families like ours. So, cheers to each of you! 


Lastly, next week is a big one for our family. I share this because I truly believe in the power of prayer. So, please friends, please, send as many prayers as you can our way. Bella will be having a very important surgery on Monday. Please pray for the surgeon's hands; please pray for the anesthesia team; please pray for the nurses who will help to care for our girl during our stay; please pray that things go smoothly with the Big 3 back home; please pray for my anxious Momma heart, that I will remember that God is in control and has known the plan from Day 1; please pray, most importantly, for our Bella Elizabeth - that the surgery is successful, that there are no complications, that there is minimal discomfort and pain, and that she recovers quickly and well. Our girl is one fierce warrior and she will be in great hands, but still, we covet every.single.prayer. you can send our way. 


Thanks y'all! Have a great weekend! <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment