Friday, October 6, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, Hello October Edition

Hello, weekend! Hello, extra coffee after a late night out last night! Here's what we're saying CHEERS to as we welcome in this October weekend: 

Birthday fun. I posted all the details from Banks' TEE-riffic Golf PAR-TEE earlier this week but never mentioned how we celebrated our 8-year-old on his actual birthday, last Friday. He awoke to door decorations (tradition) and his gifts awaiting him downstairs. He was so excited to see a Visa gift card as one of his gifts, as he had been asking for one so he could do his own birthday shopping. Done! Banks then went to breakfast with his Daddy (tradition), and I met him for lunch at his school (tradition). Because Bella ended up having to go to Urgent Care at that time, I was able to enjoy a solo lunch with the birthday boy (and thanks to my hub for dropping everything to take Bels). After school, all six of us headed to the toy store so Banks could shop using his gift card. We then came home in time to enjoy his requested favorite dinner (tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches) and let the birthday boy stay up late (10:00 pm!) to watch a movie with his Momma and Daddy. It was the "best birthday ever," he declared multiple times. :) 






Retirement. Something else super excited that happened last Friday? My own momma, my hard-working momma, finally got to retire from a job she was forced to take to support her four babies 26 years ago. It was a GLORIOUS day, and while we weren't able to be there for the surprise party her friends threw her since we were celebrating our birthday girl, she had a great time and was totally shocked. AND we got to see her the next day, as my parents and my grandma came up for my uncle's retirement party (retirements all around - yahoo!). 


This was a special day because our Bella got to meet her G. Gram for the first time. She also got to meet another of her cousins, and another set of her aunts/uncles, as they came up for the party and come over to meet our girl. Such a special day! And such a FUN party that night!!




One less copperhead. Something not so fun that happened? A huge copperhead crossed our path when we were driving home from Banks' flag football game last week. It took not one, not two, but FOUR times of driving over it before it finally basically exploded. Bleh!!!!

Momma Dates. Yep, our Momma Dates continued this week, and it was Harrison's turn. He opted for cake pops, which was just fine with me as I got to sip on my absolute favorite, a PSL, while we chatted away. He is such an awesome kid. :)    



Big appointments. We had a(nother) big appointment earlier this week but per usual, our Bella was a rockstar. And then came home to lots of sibling snuggles. It's too bad this girl isn't absolutely adored. ;) 



Group date nights. Last night, my hub and I went to see one of my all-time favorites, Zac Brown Band, with a group of our friends. The show was so, so, SO good - man they just make the best music! It was nice to sneak away and get a few hours of relaxation with people I love. <3 



 
And that's going to do it for now! I'll be chugging the coffee today because, after a late night out, I will be solo parenting starting at noon, when my hub and several of his buddies will leave for their Ragnar Relay. Starting at 2:00 pm, my hub and his teammates will be running on trails all night long to complete the race. He'll be finishing up his last leg around 7:00 am tomorrow. Yikes! But I know these guys will rock it after all the hard work they have put in training. Meanwhile, Rals and I will be heading out bright and early tomorrow morning for a very special little lady's birthday party, and we can't wait! Finally, if the weather cooperates, we'll close out the weekend with our annual Fall family photos. Whew! I have a feeling we'll be one tired bunch come Sunday night. But all good things, all good things. 

Have a great weekend, y'all! Keep it cool. Go Tigers! Take down those pesky Deacs!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment