Tuesday, November 7, 2017

A Bella-Sized Hole

In years past, when I looked at the family photos we have taken every year, I loved seeing my little family captured - looking at how we've grown and changed. But. There was also this aching. This longing. I looked at our photos and saw a hole. Someone was missing. There was this perfect little spot that was not yet occupied. 


Fall 2016. See that empty spot in front of my hub?

Summer 2016. See that opening in front of Banks?
 
Fall 2015. To the left of Banks, in front of my hub. Unfilled spot. 
 
 Fall 2014. No one to fill that spot between Raleigh and Banks.

 Fall 2014. Next to Banks, in front of me - space to be filled. 

Now, I know, it was a Bella-sized hole. The photos felt incomplete because our family was incomplete. Until now. Now, we have our Bella. For the first time, I looked at our photos and felt overwhelmed with gratitude. I cried when I saw them. Finally, in God's perfect timing, the hole has been filled, with exactly who was missing. 

I won't share our (whole) family photo, nor my favorite photo of my FOUR kiddos together, just yet. But, when I do next month, you will see that the hole is filled. It is perfectly filled with our Bella. 

For now, I share some of the other photos I will cherish forever, during this treasured season of our lives.
 
 My girls. 

 My boys.

 The Lu Crew men.

 A Daddy and his daughters.

 Banks, age 8

 Raleigh, age 5

 Harrison, age 3

 Bella, age 2

My babies.

My best friend.

Thank you to one of my BFFs, Volree of Volree Photography, for capturing, yet again, my little family like only she can. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment