Friday, November 10, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend, Hits and Misses Edition

This was one of those weeks that felt slow and fast at the same time - on Wednesday, I was certain it had to be Thursday already, and yet, here it is Friday, and I'm not sure where the week went! We had a pretty low key week 'round these parts - we doubled up on physical therapy sessions this week since Bella was cleared to continue PT at the start of the week, but our week still felt a little slower paced than things have been lately, which was nice! Anywho, a few things we are saying CHEERS to as we welcome in the lovely, Fall-weathered weekend:

Flag football. Banks was supposed to have his second-round playoff game last night, but it was re-scheduled due to weather. He and his teammates won the first game in a real nail-biter last Saturday morning: It came down to a touchdown in the final seconds of the game. Banks' team was down by six points, and they tied it up with the touchdown! Then, they had to go for the extra point - make it and they would win; miss it and they'd go into overtime. Because there is no kicking in flag football, they basically have to run another offensive play and cross into the end zone to score the point. The players were set. The play began. Our QB stepped back and threw a spiral that went sailing through the air and... straight into Banks' outstretched arms! SCORE!!! Texans win! It was a great game. AND, since Nana and Pop were visiting for the weekend, they got to see it in person. Now, we wait for the next game(s) tomorrow...




Family time. Speaking of Nana and Pop, we had a great time visiting with them this weekend! One thing that is so amazing to witness is Bella becoming more comfortable with those other than her immediate family. She let both Nana and Pop hold her and play with her, and we had such a wonderful time together all weekend. <3




Church class success. For the first time ever, we left Bella in her church class last Sunday. We had been waiting until we felt that she was ready to be dropped off - knowing that she was safe and loved and that Mommy and Daddy will ALWAYS come back. I was so nervous. But...she did GREAT! Not a single tear. It was so sweet to walk in to pick her up and see her surrounded by other kiddos, just playing with the toys around her. 


Now, I will say, that while she has been doing GREAT in these situations the last few weeks, we hit a snag yesterday. I was able to go to one of my Barre3 workout classes earlier this week, leaving Raleigh, Harrison, and Bella in childcare with no problem. BUT yesterday, Bels had a really hard time about halfway through - the amazing staff and owner tried their best to soothe and comfort her, but finally, I needed to come out and snuggle her and let her know everything was okay. We ended up leaving early, as I didn't want to upset her again. So, we'll try again soon but continue to follow her cues about what she can/not handle at any given time, on any given day. <3

Surprise lunches. One of my favorite things to do is surprise my elementary schoolers at lunch. This week, Harrison, Bella, and I surprised Banks on Tuesday, and then Bella and I surprised Raleigh on Wednesday (Harrison was enjoying his own preschool Lunch Bunch that day). The sweetest thing, though, happened as I was leaving after lunch with Raleigh. She got upset that I had to leave and started crying. Without saying a word, one of her sweet, sweet friends grabbed her hand as they walked down the hallway, and then her wonderful teacher comforted her as well. It is such a blessing to have such caring people, of all ages, in her life. <3





Christmas preparations. Yes. I know, I know. We must first celebrate Thanksgiving, and I am NOT one who can listen to Christmas music, nor put up Christmas decorations, just yet. For me, that goes down the day after Thanksgiving. BUT. I have this urge to get all my Christmas shopping done before December arrives. Believe it or not, I have a good portion of my kiddos' shopping complete, as well as several of their cousins, and plan to knock out gifts for a few other family members, and maybe finish up the kids' stuff, by the end of the weekend. 

I also went ahead and ordered our Christmas cards so that I can start to address them whenever I can find a few spare seconds in my days in the weeks to come. This year, I used a different company than I ever have before. Rather than Tiny Prints or Minted or etsy sellers, I decided to use Simply To Impress. And let me tell you: I am SO happy with how they turned out! The quality is great, the shipping was fast (and free!), the pricing was fantastic (especially with the specials they frequently offer), and there were so many *customizable* options to choose from! Check them out! (And no, this is not a paid endorsement. I was just impressed with the great customer service - they even threw in three free cards/envelopes in case I needed them - and thought I would share the love with y'all :).

Quick hair growth. Why am I saying cheers to this? Well, I realized I hadn't shared this story on here yet: About a month ago, Harrison was due for a haircut. I took him to a local children's salon. It was a newer salon but also a chain one, so I wasn't worried, as we have used this chain salon for YEARS. We were just excited that there was a new, closer location. Plus, we had already been to this location twice before. Well...Big mistake. Big. Huge. (#prettywoman). They BUTCHERED his hair. And of course, said haircut took place the day before his school pictures and three days before our family pictures. Siiiiiigh. Luckily, the front didn't look *too* bad (a little choppy and shorter than I like). But the sides, ohmydearLord the sides. I think I'll just post these pictures here and you'll see what I mean. 



I will say, the follow-up customer service was really nice. The owner called me (after I posted the photos and a negative review on their FB page) and fully refunded the cut. He also mailed a gift card for a free haircut. Sadly, we won't be cashing that in. And while I won't list the salon name here out of respect, I will say that I am glad Harrison's sides are slooooowly growing back out (local friends, shoot me a text or message if you want to know where).

2017 school pics. Speaking of school pics, I realized I never shared them here. Below, my preschooler (3s class), kindergartener, and second grader. 






And with that, we'll kick off the weekend as we prepare to enjoy the beautiful weather with people we love while we watch from afar as our Tigers take on FSU. Have a great one, friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment