Friday, November 17, 2017

Cheers to the Weekend: Giving Thanks Edition

Another Friday has rolled around - yippee!  No beating around the bush today - here are some things we're saying CHEERS to this week/end:

God's timing. Somethings just aren't coincidence. About a month ago, the sweetest, kindest girl from our church, who is currently spending a semester in South America, sent me a message letting me know that she had sent a gift back to the States for me and that her sister would give it to me at church. Several weeks went by where I didn't cross paths with her sister, but this past Sunday, I did. And she handed me an envelope. I immediately opened it and began to read her beautiful words as I walked back toward the sanctuary. By the time I got to the entrance, where my hub was waiting, my tears were falling. Her letter is something I will treasure forever. And the necklace she included, which has incredibly important meaning behind it, I now wear every day, proudly, until it is my time to pass it on. So where's the coincidence? For weeks, I looked for her sister, and she for me, and we didn't see each other. And then, we finally find each other and she gives me this gift - which has everything to do with our Bella and adoption - and it just so happens to be...Orphan Sunday. Of all the Sundays for this exchange to happen, with those words that I so needed to read, it was Orphan Sunday. Thank you for that little wink, God. And thank you, Brielle, for being exactly who you are. <3


Family visits. We have been so touched by so many of our family members who have traveled to meet our sweet Bella. It has been so special to introduce them to our littlest girl. Last week, my sister and brother "in law," and my niece and nephew made the trip up to get to know their newest niece, and we just had the best time. Football was playing all day long (so many great games that day!), there was a nice Fall chill in the air, and we snacked on tailgate food all day while getting in some good time together. It was perfect. <3






LifeGroups. We have been with our LifeGroup for over four years now, and it has truly been amazing to see our families grow and change over time. It is so special to do life alongside these people who we love so much and are some of our closest friends - we know each others stories, struggles, and triumphs. We encourage and pray for one another, and I honestly don't know what I'd do without them. Last Sunday, we gathered together, with all 11 of our kiddos in tow, and filled 14 boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It was so fun to watch our littles fill the boxes and include the sweetest handwritten notes. We enjoyed pizza, a fire, and even some nighttime swimming for some. It was a great night for an awesome cause and a visible reminder of how blessed we are to have one another. 






Healthy kiddos. Our week included a couple doctor appointments, with one more quick one happening later this morning when I take Rals to get her flu shot. One of the appointments from earlier in the week was for Banks' 8-year well-check. He continues to be long and lean, clocking in at 4'6" and 65 pounds. Before we left the pediatrician's office, he, Harrison, and Bella got their flu shots, and I was so proud of each of them for being so brave. 




The following day, I took Bella for an(other) audiology appointment. The details are too much for me to type out at this point in the week #mommaistired, but long story short, per our (awesome! Love you, Dr. Block aka Kim) audiologist's recommendation, we are seeking a second opinion from another ENT about whether or not there is fluid in Bella's ears. So, we'll be headed to that appointment in about a week and a half. Once we finally solve the mystery of her hearing, I'll share about next steps so we can (again) ask for your prayers. <3


Sports end and begin. Whelp, we closed out Banks' fifth season of flag football last Saturday morning. Although his team lost in the semis, he ended on a great personal game, scoring a touchdown, getting an interception, and catching a ball in the end zone for an extra point. It was freeeeezing that morning, so my hub and I, and our Uncle Tim and Aunt Betsy, bundled up to cheer for our baller while the three other kiddos stayed home with a sitter. {Side note: Bella did great! I honestly think having her big sister around just makes her feel so much more comfortable. In fact, I was able to take her back to the childcare area at Barre3 earlier this week, and she did great this time (again, with Raleigh being), despite struggling the week before (when Raleigh wasn't there)}. ANYWHO. We closed out flag football just in time for basketball to begin. Wheeeeeeew. No rest for the weary, I suppose. 



Etc. Let's see...what else has been happening? We've had the carpets cleaned, I got a little haircut, we've gotten in lots of outside play this week, we hit up Costco, and I have been knocking out some serious Christmas shopping!





And that's about it for now! Harrison has a Thanksgiving party today but sadly, it's a kids-only shindig. Banks and Rals will be enjoying their school feasts next week (again, no-parents-allowed parties) before we take off to spend Thanksgiving with both "sides" of our family. And y'all, I cannot WAIT to see Bella take in all the amazingness that is Thanksgiving. <3

Before that, though, we'll be co-hosting one of my favorite events of the year this weekend: Friendsgiving! Last year was the first annual, and we co-hosted it with two of our nearest and dearest buddies. And this year, we'll be doing exactly the same! We have 111 guests who have RSVP'd "Yes"; so, it's sure to be a very full, fun, and festive afternoon! I'll share more on that next week before Thanksgiving arrives. 

For now, have a great weekend to all! See y'all back here early next week! :) And GO TIGERS!


No comments:

Post a Comment