Wednesday, March 21, 2018

By The Numbers

It has been almost exactly a year since I last wrote one of these "Numbers" post; so, I thought it'd be fun to mix things up! 

637 -- Number of blog posts I've written since starting this blog in July 2012!

200 -- Number of my miles my hub and his five teammates will run all together this weekend, as they run, non-stop, from Columbia to Charleston - yep, the P200 has arrived! He ran it last March with seven teammates and this time, there are five guys he's running with which means more miles per runner. Yikes! But go Clay! Better you than me... :0 

112 -- Approximate number of hours Bella has spent in physical, occupational, speech, and early intervention therapies since we started in September 2017. And Harrison is usually home for about 50% of them each week. :) 


100 -- Barre3 classes I got to celebrate attending over the weekend! Before joining Barre3, I used to go to Pure Barre and had clocked in over 250 classes there. But with the help of the free childcare that comes along with a Barre3 membership, I felt like I was able to hit my initial goal of 100 classes much quicker, especially on weeks like this when my hub is traveling. Always happy to have friends join me for a fun, challenging workout in a room full of inspiring, hard-workin' women - come with? 


50 (or something like that) -- School days we have had in a row with absolutely zero break. With the two snow days we had in January, the two teacher workdays scheduled for February and March were erased. Which means, we haven't had a day off of school since the beginning of January. Which means we are counting down the SECONDS until April 2nd, when our Spring Break begins. 

40 -- School days we have left until summer break. Yahoooooooooo!!!!!! We have got some big, fun plans this summer - beach trips, a special getaway, swim team, a few camps, and plenty of downtime for me to soak in time my with littles - and I cannot wait!!!

21 -- Number of years it has been since our Clemson basketball team has made it to the Sweet Sixteen - not since 1997. Until now! We have now won the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament and will be taking on Kansas this Friday. I'm not going to pretend I'm a huge basketball fan - not even when I was a Clemson Rally Cat and danced at every single home basketball game for several years. My favorite was always dancing at the football games, because football is my jam - BUT I am a HUUUUUUUGE Clemson fan; so, we've been cheering loud and proud over here for our Tigers and will continue to do so on Friday night.  

10ish -- Loads of laundry I do every week. Or is it more? I feel like my machines are constantly running, but my goal is always to have all of it folded and put away before the weekend arrives (ideally, by Thursday so I can be D.O.N.E. with it and can have a laundry-free weekend).

8 -- Hours of sleep I aim to get every single night. It is a rare occasion that I don't, but when I don't, I suffer for it! From the time my alarm sings out in the morning, it is pretty much go-go-go until my littles hit the hay 14 hours later; so, my body craves those 8 hours of shut-eye like nobody's business. And I am jealous of all you kind and wonderful people who can remain kind and wonderful on fewer hours of sleep. Oh, how I long to be like you. But I am not kind nor wonderful when my sleep schedule takes a beating. It's also why I prefer date nights that start around 5:30 ;) #GrandmaLu

7 -- Days a week I despise cooking. I know, I know. Crappy attitude, right? I was telling my hub over the weekend that I wished I loved cooking as much as I looooooooove baking. I get so excited on the rare occasion I get to bake these days, and if I was required to bake every night to feed my family? What a treat that would be! But cooking and baking are just so very different, and I just do not enjoy the former. I have some personal cooking goals I am setting over the next few months; so, maybe that will help? Or not. We'll see.

3 -- Number of birthdays my Lu Crew now has within a two week span. That's right - 50% of us celebrate turning another year older within 14...actually, 15...days of each other. And birthdays are a BIG deal to me; so, I am already trying to stash away some energy reserves for the three impending birthdays on the horizon.

2 -- Baseball games per week Banks will have from now until the end of the season (with the exception of Spring Break, when we'll have none). I love, love, LOVE seeing my kids in their element, and this kid's happy place is on a field. So, bring.it.on.! And I cannot WAIT until Harrison's practices turn into games in a few weeks. Eeek! 


1.5 -- Hours I spent in a special workshop last weekend at Barre3, called Unbreakable Core. It was equal parents instruction/education and ab exercise, and I loved learning more about working out well and eating right from the kind and talented instructor, Noell Yanik. 


1 -- Hours of screen time our kids get most days. Exceptions are made on occasion, but I am just not a proponent of screen time. As much as possible, I prefer imaginative, active, collaborative play, particularly when it's outdoors, instead of having my kiddos park themselves behind a screen. It also makes things like our Friday Family Movie Nights, and the privilege of getting to watch movies in the car when we travel, that much more valuable to them. <3 But please hear this: on cold or rainy or momma-is-too-tired-to-manage-y'all days, screen time is my sanity saver. So, take the 0-1 with a grain of salt. ;)

0 -- Number of plans-free weekends we have from now until the end of June. Holy cannoli, the ol' calendar filled up fast! Sheesh!

And those are my numbers for now! We'll see if it takes another year to write up another one of these types of posts. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am officially worn out!! Lol
    That’ why God gave littles to the younger set!! Love reading your posts! Keep it up, although I can’t imagine where you find time to do it! God bless!

    ReplyDelete