Friday, March 2, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, Glam Edition

Happy March, friends! Thank you for stopping by my little space here as we kick off the weekend! On Fridays, I like to share some of the things we've been saying CHEERS to over the last week/end as a way to document the comings and goings My Lu Crew's life and to focus on being grateful for the good things in our lives. That being said, today, we are saying CHEERS to: 

Developmental leaps. I know this is the second time I've posted about this, but I cannot begin to describe what an answered prayer it is that our Bella started walking this week. I have cried tears of gratitude and joy so many times this week and have nearly burst with pride at how brave she's been as she's taken more and more steps. Her new favorite thing to do is walk from parent to parent, sibling to sibling, and we love it every.single.time. She will also now independently stand up from sitting on a stool/chair and walk across the room to us!!! We are so, SO proud of you, Bellaboo, for overcoming so many medical obstacles and fears to begin walking. Wooooooooohoooooooooo!!!


 Look at how excited she gets after walking across the room <3

Great check-ups. My sweet Raleigh had her 6-year well-check earlier this week (yes her birthday was in the beginning of January but insurance dictates that check-ups be at least 365 days apart, which made this week the soonest she could get it). My Rals is just healthy as can be, praise the Lord, and continues to be long and lean, weighing in at 46 pounds and 3 ft, 11.5 inches tall. <3 

Early bedtimes. A few times a year, it seems I get these horrible bouts of insomnia, and unfortunately, it reared it's ugly head multiple days this week, making for a tired, run down momma. On top of that, I had some sort of migraine that lasted two days and kicked my tail. If there's one thing I don't like it's feeling tired, especially when it's made worse with a terrible headache. :( BUT, luckily, I was able to get to bed early the last few nights and finally get some good, uninterrupted sleep; so, I should be good as new for our big weekend. At least these three (and H, who was already in bed!) have gotten good sleep all week!



And that's all I've got for this week! We have big, fun plans ahead: For one, this Saturday promises to be one of our most favorite nights of the year. It's the third annual Greenway Gala, and our third annual time attending! This is also the third year I have rented my dress from Rent The Runway. I have had great luck the last two years...

2016:


2017:


...and have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this year's dress. I decided to go pretty plain this year but also wear a color I almost never wear; so, I am excited to wear it (and then return it - ha!). My dress came in last night and luckily, it fit! Also as we've done the last two years, several of my girlfriends and I will be spending most of the day tomorrow getting ready together: we get our hair and make-up done while enjoying apps and sipping adult beverages throughout the day. Then, our dapper dates will arrive and we'll all head off to the super fun party together. Can.Not.Wait. If it's anything like the last two years, we'll get several fun hours of hanging out with lots of awesome friends, enjoy tasty food and a fun silent auction, and ultimately close down the dance floor thanks to the awesome band. 

And Sunday, I get to get all glammed up again! Only this time, with a different group of my favorite ladies...my daughters! Two years ago, I started a new tradition with my fashion-loving (oldest) daughter. On the day of the Oscars, we get all dressed up in fancy dresses, do our hair and makeup, and then eat popcorn while watching the red carpet coverage, choosing our favorite celebrity dresses, of course! And Raleigh and I are SO EXCITED to have Bella here to join in our girly fun this year. <3

 2016:



2017:
 


Have a great weekend, y'all! Be back next week with a fun post!

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE reading your lives! God has truly blessed you girl!

    ReplyDelete