Friday, March 16, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, St. Patty's Edition

Hi all! Welcome to Friday and welcome to the post I write each week to share the things we're saying CHEERS to as we welcome in another weekend. :) 

This week/end we are saying CHEERS to:  

Teeball for Harrison. My sweet baby boy has been counting down for weeks until the start of his first ever teeball season. We have reached this sweet spot where he wants to be just like his big brother; so, he was thrilled when he got to pick up the ol' bat and glove and head off to his first practice last weekend! We'll follow suit tomorrow and will now countdown until his first game. Eek! I cannot wait to see this cutie rounding the bases, with his big brother cheering him on: 


New sports. I'm not going to lie: I have been avoiding Swim Team for years, namely because I have always been intimidated by the practice schedule and lengthy meets. But. This year, Banks and Raleigh begged to try out; so, I finally threw in the towel and let them try out last Saturday. I am thrilled to share that they both made the team, and they are both pumped about it! And honestly? So am I! I can't wait to see them try something new, have so much more time swimming alongside their friends, and challenging themselves, all while we cheer them on from the sidelines. Go Greenwave! 


Barre3 Mommy & Me It's no secret I am passionate about my barre workouts, and last Sunday, Raleigh got to join me for Barre3's first ever Mommy & Mommy class. We had so much fun!!! <3


Snowy day. I saw this meme everywhere on social media this week, and it made me laugh each time. You know, the one that says, "It's like winter is really mad and keeps storming out of the room and then coming back yelling, 'And another thing!'" It was perfect for our week this week when it suddenly started SNOWING one morning. There was absolutely no mention of even a possibility of snow in the forecast, and in fact, the sun was shining and there were blue skies overhead. Ooooookay. But Harrison loved running around in the flurries, and over at the elementary school, the kindergarten teachers let the kiddos throw on their coats and run outsde and play as the flakes showered down. Raleigh's teacher snapped this pic of her and two of her sweet friends, and I thought it was just too cute. 


Baking. I got to dust off my baking supplies and have two fun baking days this week, which I absolutely loved! First, I decided to make my own kiddos some festive treats as we anticipate St. Patrick's Day tomorrow: French Vanilla cupcakes with marshmallow buttercream and a charm topper for a little fun. And I gotta say: they were pretty tasty. I made two dozen and they were gone in two days. :0



I also got to make some fun cookies for our amazing elementary school teachers, as part of the Dessert Bar they are being honored with at school this morning. It was an honor to bake for the men and women who pour into our sweet littles each and every day. <3


This and that. We had a couple extra appointments thrown in the last week (dentist for Rals; DHEC for Bels) and a couple extra fun festivities this week (shamrock shakes for the kiddos; lunch with the momma of one of my dear childhood friends; date night with my hub) to mix things up. I've also been working to plan several upcoming parties and showers as well as nail down details for some upcoming trips. And now, the weekdays have come to a close!



So, we gladly welcome in what looks to be a low-key weekend for us and the sunnier, warmer weather. We are going to be busy, busy, busy in the weeks coming up so we are ready for a fairly plans-free weekend before the craziness sets in next week. Aside from dinner with friends, teeball for Harrison, and a couple workouts for my hub and me, we've got a whole lot of nuthin' planned. Next week is going to be one of our craziest yet #sendcoffee #andwine #andmorecoffee (I'll share more about why next Friday!). But for this weekend, we will rest and see where it takes us! Have a great one, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment