Friday, March 9, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, Let's *Hear* It For Friday Edition

Ever have one of those weeks that feel lazy and busy all at the same time? There were some moments that I felt so tired (maybe because of the yucky, rainy weather at the start of the week?) that I couldn't work up the energy to get things checked off my to-do list. And then other times that were crazy busy, thanks to a few extra items on our agenda for the week: an important audiology appointment, a teacher conference, meetings two different nights, a consignor pre-sale event, etc. And so, I have only managed one blog post for this week. Here, what we are saying CHEERS to this week/end:

Closer to clear hearing. Earlier this week, Bella had an audiology appointment for one last round of hearing testing followed by having a mold made of her ear canal. Over the next couple weeks, this mold will be used to create a hearing aid for her right ear to help her hear all the high frequency sounds she is currently unable to hear. I got to design it as far as selecting the colors for the part that will go over her ear (it will be a dark brown to try and closely match her hair) as well as the piece that will go into her ear (sparkly with various shades of pink swirls).



Our audiologist/friend asked me how I was feeling about all this, and here is what I told her and here is the truth: I am relieved. I am relieved to finally have so many answers and treatment plans in place for what Bella needs. When we met our daughter in China seven months ago, there were SO MANY question marks. And, after sooooo mannnnny months of sooooo mannnnny appointments and evaluations, we now have so much more information about how to best help her. So, she needed tubes and now, a hearing aid? No problem. We just want her to be able to hear the world around her. She needed spinal surgery to de-tether her cord and prevent further nerve damage? Alright then. Whatever we needed to do to ease her pain and enhance her mobility. She requires orthotics to address extreme over-pronation and weakness? Okeedokee. Whatever it takes to give her more stability and help her learn to walk. She needs hours of weekly therapy to promote development? You got it. We'll do it all to help her achieve her milestones. 

The truth is I am just happy that she is getting what she needs to help her be her best self. She is an AMAZING little lady, and I am so thrilled that we have been able to find answers and treatments in so many domains. Are there still question marks? Yep. But those appointments have already been scheduled, and we know that more answers are coming our way, in God's timing. For now, we are just thankful for a healthy, thriving little girl and the team of professionals who have been with us every step of the way. <3 We will go to the ends of the earth to help our baby and we are well on our way.   

Gala. Last Saturday was one of my favorite nights of the year here in our sweet town. It was the third annual Greenway Gala, and our third annual time attending! I LOVE this entire day, that starts with an entire afternoon of girl time with several of my girlfriends as we have our hair and make-up done at my friend's house and chat away while waiting for our dates to arrive later that evening. We then snap a few pics together, a la prom style ;) and head to the gala! The band is always fantastic, as are the food and drinks, and the night just passes by way too quickly as we soak in the fun with so many of our dearest friends. It was SO fun!!! There are too many pics with sweet friends I love dearly to share them all here, but I included a couple few too many some pics for documentation's sake: :) 














Oscars Viewing. And, there are only two girls I would get glammed up for for a second night in a row, and they are the girls standing to my right and left:


Because also for the third year in a row, we Lu Ladies had so much fun getting all dressed up for our Oscars Red Carpet Viewing Party. I started this tradition because Raleigh LOVES all things dresses and knew she'd enjoy oohing and aahing at the gorgeous gowns with me. And this year, Bella got to join in on the fun (wearing the sweet pettiskirt Raleigh wore for her 1st birthday bash). It was such a fun night with my girlies! <3




And that's it for this week! We are looking to a low-key weekend filled with teeball practice, swim team evaluations, a special lunch, church volunteering, and a fun Mommy and Me activity for Rals and me. Otherwise, we'll just see where the weekend takes us! Have a good one, friends! (And I'll try to get to that fun post I alluded to last week, next week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment