Friday, March 30, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, Spring Break Edition

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y. 

It has been way too many days since we have had a day off of school thanks to weather make-up days (including today. Banks and Rals are at school to make up one of the snow days); so, I don't know that we've ever been more excited for Spring Break - ha! 

That being said, I'll have one more post out by the end of this weekend, and then I'll be taking off from blog writing next week to spend time with my Lu Crew. I'm sure y'all will be waiting on pins and needles for the Spring Break recap. ;) ;) But I am SO looking forward to some downtime with my s{quad}. :) 



On that note, here's what we're saying CHEERS to this week/end: 

Easter celebrations and school fun. Harrison had his Easter party at school on Wednesday (since today is a preschool teacher workday). He had a blast and just had to get a little snazzied up for the occasion (and I had to snag a pic with him before he left for school). :) 




Also that day, I got to go to the sweetest event in Raleigh's class. They started with a Writer's Celebration, wherein each kiddo was seated around the room, ready to read the "How To" books they had written to the parents, as we rotated around the room from student to student. Raleigh's book? How to Pour a Bowl of Cereal. Haha! Loved it. She did GREAT! I was almost in tears, I was so proud of her and her sweet friends. And the fun continued out on the playground, with their class' Easter egg hunt! I had planned to just leave after that and see her again after school, but the Momma Guilt won: I ended up checking her out of school early so we could spend a couple hours, just the two of us. It was so much fun to get in a little extra girl time with my Rals. And what did we do? Bake of course! Easter cupcakes to be exact. :) 









P200. I am so, so proud of my hub. This was his second year doing the Palmetto 200, a 200-mile race that goes non-stop from Columbia to Charleston. BUT this year, he was on an "Ultra Team" (aka only six runners total), which meant he ran a total of 35 miles. Holy cow. But he and his team finished and did GREAT, and I am so proud of them! And my hub ran a personal best-pace, absolutely killing the pace he averaged during training! After a trip to China and back in less than four days, and then a 35-mile run, it was no surprise he was out cold and snoring by 8:00 pm Saturday night - ha! Not going to lie, I wasn't far behind him. :) 

Action shot taken by a teammate

Ultra Team Finisher!

 The sweetest welcoming committee, waiting for their Daddy to return home!

Pediatric rheumatology. After several months of waiting, our appointment with the pediatric rheumatologist finally arrived yesterday! And praise the Lord, we received some answered prayers. More on that in the next post, but for now, we are celebrating this precious girl and how much of a sweet, compliant, and well-behaved patient she is during every.single.appointment.<3



Baseball marches on. After one of the games last week was cancelled, we were back to our regular baseball schedule of two games this week, the latest of which was last night. Banks' team is now 0-3, BUT he is having a good time at least. And Bammy even came up to surprise him for last night's game (which was against a team that two of his closest buddies are on). So, it was a fun night for all!



And that's all I've got. I've got four kiddos with me this morning as I am hanging with my niece and nephew along with my littlest two. We have dinner plans tonight, a birthday party for Banks to attend tomorrow, and some furniture shopping (siiigh...more on that in a future post) and flower planting to cross off the to-do list. Then, we'll anxiously await Easter's arrival on Sunday! Like I said, I'll be posting once more by the end of the weekend but after that, I'm taking a break for Spring Break. Woohoo!! Have a great one, y'all! :) And Happy Good Friday and Easter weekend. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment