Friday, August 17, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, So Long Summer Edition

Well, it's arrived. Our last Friday of the summer. I feel like my little fam has had the perfect amount of time together this summer break, and truly, it was not until this week, that I finally felt like I was ready for school to begin again. So, we'll savor this last summer weekend and squeeze in as much fun as we can. For now, a quick peek at what we're saying CHEERS to: 

Meet the Teacher. Banks, Raleigh, and Bella got to meet their teachers yesterday...and YES, I said Bella, too!!! We worked hard earlier this year to have her evaluated for our district's specialized preschool program. She was deemed eligible and now has an IEP in place that allows for any accommodations she may need and also includes speech, physical, and occupational therapies as part of her curriculum. She will also continue to receive these therapies at our home, three hours a week, with our current (amazing!!!) therapists. I am so, so, SO excited for her. There are six other students in her class and three teachers, just for them! She is going to thrive this year, I just know it. And she loved meeting her teachers and seeing her classroom yesterday morning - she didn't want to leave! Go, Bella, go! 








In the afternoon, I took Banks and Raleigh to meet their teachers and y'all, we truly could not be more excited about their teachers this year!!! Our prayers were answered when Raleigh ended up getting Banks' former first grade teacher. I have crossed every finger and toe all summer, and literally started jumping up and down when I found out she has Mrs. Blackwell. HOORAY! She also has several sweet friends in her class - it's going to be a great year for my big girl!




And third grade is a big, important year in elementary school. I was thrilled when I heard the rave reviews about Banks' homeroom and his language arts/math teachers. This year is going to challenge him in the best ways, and I can't wait to watch his mind work hard to figure out, learn, and tackle the work ahead. Go, Bankster! He also has several buddies in his classes and is pumped about that. Let's do this thing, FMES! The Lu Crew is ready!



Date night. My hub and I were able to sneak out for a date night last night, and it was so needed after some personal struggles that arose. I am so thankful that he allows me to share the good, bad, and ugly that is me and listens, comforts, supports, and advises me on how to handle hurt feelings, stress, and well, life. It was a good night and I left feeling so much more uplifted and refreshed. <3



Fun with friends. We were able to sneak in some fun with friends this week, both my littles and us parents! Our Fall schedule is BANANAS; so, it was nice to get in a little time with some girlfriends for me, and fun for my kiddos to have a couple extra playdates/sleepovers, before our Fall madness begins (which actually started last night, with Banks' first flag football practice of the season). Note to self: get some rest this weekend before the Fall shenanigans get into full swing!





Good appointments. We had three extra appointments this week, including Banks' orthodontist appointment with Dr. Whitney (aka Aunt Whit). We thought he'd be getting braces this Fall but based on the results from the appointment, learned we'll be waiting until Spring. We also had an appointment with our awesome audiologist for more hearing testing and the creation of a new earmold for Bella's hearing aid (we love you, Lakeside Audiology!), AND we'll be headed to imaging today for an ultrasound of Bella's kidneys (we anticipate all will be well but prayers appreciated). 



Update on Loving Lately. If you read my "Loving Lately" post last week, I mentioned a show I had just finished watching, The Sinner (warning: it contains some very disturbing and explicit scenes that are hard to watch). Well, I found out that Season 2 is just starting! It includes some of the same cast playing the same roles but focuses on a different storyline, and so far, I am liking it even more than Season 1. Also, my own momma just mailed me a new book to read, and I can't wait to dive in this weekend: Bird Box by Josh Malerman. Will report back! 

And that's it, friends! Some of us have fun plans to attend our neighborhood's "Back to School" pool party tomorrow and others of us have other fun plans. ;) Otherwise, we'll be preparing for the big first day of school on Monday for 75% of my littles (Harrison still has a solid 2.5 weeks of summer!). Have a great weekend, friends! I'll be posting more regularly soon and already have plans for a few exciting and important posts I'd like to share; so, be keeping an eye out. 

Happy Friday to all! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment