Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Giving Hope

Hi friends. This is not my typical blog post, but when a special friend approached me and asked for help spreading the word, I didn't hesitate. I am very careful about what I post here and what I am willing to stand behind and endorse. And I really try not to ask for help. But this time, I'm asking for help. Because it involves children. And every child deserves hope. 


If you've been around these parts for a post or two hundred, it's probably clear that children are my passion. I pursued my career with the intention of helping those little ones in need of helping; I then opted to stay home for this season of my life to focus on helping my own little ones in every way, shape, and form I could during these young years; and one day in the near future, I will return to the working world to continue helping little ones who may be in need of a little extra help. 


In short, I love being around, and helping, children. And I am very aware of how blessed I am to live in a country where there are so many opportunities for kiddos who may need a little extra help. This is not the case everywhere around the world, as I saw firsthand during our 2-week trip to China last year, and as I have heard from friends like Michelle who have visited impoverished countries.

This is my friend, Michelle, on a trip to Haiti (she's also a gifted photographer)...  

...and these are some of Michelle's friends!


Michelle is a fierce advocate of Give Hope Global, a 501(c)3 charity which seeks to to transform communities in Haiti and Ghana through the power of the Good News, good health, and good education. She is also co-founder of the Give Hope Global Gala, which is now in it's fifth year! Proceeds from the Gala have made it possible for them to increase their efforts in both education and community health care. Give Hope now supports elementary schools in Haiti and Ghana and a high school and vocational school in Haiti. You must take just 60 seconds to check out the gala's website and Give Hope's website - both amazing. 



In Charlotte, Give Hope partners with Urban Promise to supply mentors and homework tutors to elementary and high school students. Further, the Community Health Care system in Les Cayes, Haiti, includes a medical clinic and 24 Community Health Workers who work directly with families in the communities served. Leadership development efforts include supporting two children’s villages in Haiti and sponsoring higher education for university students in Haiti, Honduras and Ghana.


So, why am I sharing all of this? Well, the 5th Annual Give Hope Gala is coming up soon, on October 27, 2018, at The Westin Hotel in downtown Charlotte, to be exact! Last year's event was actually a sellout, which meant moving to an even bigger venue this year. How amazing is that?! 


And now, Give Hope would love YOUR support. If you are able, or know of anyone else who is able, please consider helping by joining as a corporate sponsor for the event this year. Below you will see a list of opportunities as well as the cost for each. Named sponsorships include Presenting Sponsor, plus special sponsors of the Live Auction, Silent Auction, and Mobile Bidding. There are Platinum, Gold, and Silver levels as well. 


In addition, if you visit the website (and aren't able to sign on as a corporate sponsor), please consider (1) buying a ticket to come to the fabulous event, (2) purchasing raffle tickets, (3) bidding on auction items, (4) donating, and/or (5) helping however you can. 

We are blessed to live in a country that affords us so many incredible health and educational opportunities...simply because we were born here. How can we help others around the world who weren't given the same opportunities, simply because of the circumstances into which they were born? By supporting amazing organizations like Give Hope. If you're able, please consider jumping on board to help these children. 

What we have here on this earth...all the stuff it often feels so important to acquire...it doesn't matter. All that stuff...does not matter.

Hope matters. 

Let's spread some hope today. 


Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy. Proverbs 31:8-9



Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you"—when you already have it with you. Proverbs 3:27-28


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.







No comments:

Post a Comment