Monday, August 13, 2018

Loving Lately, Summer 2018 Edition

Haven't done one of these in a hot minute; so, I thought it'd be a fun way to welcome in the week! Here are a few things I've been loving lately: 

Plum Paper Planner. This is my second year using this company to order my planner, and there are several things I love about these planners in particular. I started my first one in August last year (the month we came home with Bella) because I knew there'd be a lot of appointments on the horizon and wanted to attempt to keep my ducks in a row. For that reason, last year, I ordered the ME planner, which allows you to customize weekly pages with different categories. I used those categories to include daily schedules for each family member. I used it for a few months but then went back to just writing on the monthly page; so, this year, I opted for a smaller version without the inclusion of weekly pages. I love being able to customize the cover, select which month to start on, and include any additional pages I may choose (e.g., meal planning; budgeting; etc.). 

Broadchurch/The Sinner. I have watched two really good series on Netflix over the last few weeks! The first being Broadchurch, which my mom recommended and ended up being great! It is only three seasons and is based in England, so there are some thick English accents at times. The acting was phenomenal, and I couldn't wait to watch each new episode! HIGHLY recommend! I just finished watching The Sinner starring Jessica Biel. Again, phenomenal acting, and this one is only one season (at this point? Not sure if there are more on the horizon). As a psychologist myself, the premise and storyline was fascinating to me. And while I definitely recommend it, I must warn you: there were some very graphic and disturbing, extremely explicit scenes. The content was really hard to watch at times. But it was good. 

Oils? I don't know if I'm loving oils yet, but I'm giving them a try. I have always been a skeptic and to be totally honest, still am. BUT you don't know what you don't know. And I want to know what is best for my family. So, I am giving essential oils a shot, after a fun girls night out last week when I was able to make and buy a few "back to school" oils from a Doterra rep. A couple of my girlfriends, whose opinions of products I highly trust, use them and swear by them; so, I am giving them a try to see if I can notice any difference. Stay tuned!

Lash Boost. I still get asked regularly what mascara I use. Please know: this is a FIRST for me. I have never ever ever had long or thick lashes. But ever since I started using Lash Boost, I literally have people ask every week about my mascara. The answer? Grocery store stuff - Telescopic, to be specific. I have used it for awhile. It was not until I started using Lash Boost that I started getting asked on the reg about my lashes. If you can't tell already - I don't buy into the hype of popular products. But this stuff really and truly works. And while I do sell R+F (who doesn't - ha!), I don't endorse all R+F products. But this stuff? It works, y'all. Let me know if you want to give it a go (money back guarantee if it doesn't work). 

The Nightingale. I get so, so sad when I finish a good book - I don't want it to end! I had heard about this one for a long time and borrowed it from a girlfriend last year. Well, I finally made myself sit down and read for fun this summer...and I'm kicking myself for waiting almost a year to read it! It was SO good. If you haven't already, pick this one up and give it a go! I don't typically like period pieces and this was a smidge slow at the beginning, but it quickly picks up and then you won't be able to put it down, promise! But now, I need a new book rec! Whatcha got? 

Becca. Some girlfriends and I have a product rec text chain. I am not the expert on products by any means, but I was happy to have one solid recommendation to give them that I am happy to share here. I have written about it before and I'll share it again: Becca Eye Brightener. Y'all. I am (and feel like I always look) tired. But this stuff makes me look all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Or, at least a little less like tail. ;) Give it a shot, and let me know what you think!

School supply kits. God Bless our elementary school. At the end of the school year, they send home forms that allow us parents to pre-purchase school supply kits for the following school year, each containing the specific items needed for individual grades. Because the supplies that students are required to bring in are all combined together for all students to use and share (i.e., it doesn't matter what folder, notebook, pencil case, etc., my kids bring: they very likely won't end up using those specific items), it is a no-brainer to allow this outsourced company to supply the supplies for my kids, which are ready and waiting on their desks during our "Meet the Teacher" day. School supplies? Check. No stress? Check. 

FabFitFun. Again, if you've read this post before, you know I love, love, love me some FFF. A box that arrives four times a year that has all kinds of awesome surprises for us ladies? Yes please! If you want to give it a try, here's a code to use: http://xo.fff.me/jVNYY

Caldrea Counter spray. One of my girlfriends gifted me with this counter spray for my birthday last year and I AM OBSESSED. I cannot get enough of the heavenly scent - it seriously puts me in a good mood to walk in my house and smell it! (also, you know you're getting older when you blog about counter sprays - ha!)

Local shopping. I love supporting local businesses, and I am SO EXCITED about two new awesome women's boutiques that have opened in my sweet town over the last month or so: Katyloo and Broadcloth, both of whom have online shopping available. :) I have already visited, and purchased from, both of them in person, in addition to my other favorite boutique, Page 6, which also happens to be right here in our town! They have the cutest clothes at great prices, and I am so excited to soon purchase a few new Fall pieces from them! 

Barre3. And I know I blog about it all the time, but barre classes have been my favorite form of workout over the last few years, and I just adore my Barre3! The toning, the cardio, the restoration, the support, the women, the atmosphere, the instructors, the friendships...I cannot get enough. I am there between 3 to 5 days a week, local friends, if you ever want to give it a shot! I promise, you will LOVE it!!!

Podcasts. The days I'm not barre-ing, I'm running. I used to despise running, but now it is so energizing and refreshing for me. I typically run 5-6 miles per session, and it's crazy that sometimes it feels so hard and sometimes it's a breeze. Regardless, I always feel re-charged and ready to take on the day after logging my miles. BUT the only way I am able to run at all, is because of podcasts! I basically feel like I'm reading a book while running, so I am able to zone out and just listen, rather than focus on pounding the pavement. A few of my favorites? S-Town, Serial, CaseFile True Crime (the Jonestown episodes were particularly INCREDIBLE), Criminal, Up and Vanished, In The Dark, Accused, A Killing on the Cape, Dear John...to name a few - ha! Clearly, I like true crime and psychological thrillers #onceapsychologistalwaysapsychologist. HOWEVER, I also love, love, love Jen Hatmaker's For the Love podcast as well as any of Andy Stanley's sermons. <3 All that being said, I am ALWAYS looking for some good podcasts to listen to; so, please, please, please let me know your recs! 

Alright, that's enough of that. What are YOU loving lately? What do I need to try? What can you recommend with regard to reading, listening, shopping, product-ing, etc.? Help a girl out. :) Thanks in advance, y'all! 

1 comment:

  1. Honey, I’m so worn out just reading all your activities I’m gonna go take a nap!! Lol

    ReplyDelete