Friday, August 3, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, HOME Edition

Y'all. This weekend marks the first weekend we have been home since May 19th. We have literally traveled every single weekend this summer (and are gone again next weekend and then two of us, the weekend after that!). We have ZERO plans and I am seriously ecstatic to just rest and enjoy our time at home, seeing where the weekend takes us (coincidence that it's tax-free weekend here in South Carolina? There may be some back-to-school shopping in my immediate future!. Here's what we're saying CHEERS to as we welcome in our first summer weekend at home:

Our first Family Day. Earlier this week, we celebrated the first anniversary of our Family Day, aka the day we met our Bella. We had so much fun! We started the day visiting an Asian market to grab what once were her favorite China snacks; we did one of her favorite things to do - go to the pool; and ended with dinner at our favorite local Chinese restaurant, with two of my own siblings and their crews joining us for the celebration. It was a great day for our girl and our family! 












Cousin sleepover. We were spoiled by getting two whole days with one of my nieces while her daddy (my brother) was on a business trip and my sister "in law" and nephew hung back at home in Charleston. It was a crazy two days, but we sure had fun...playing at the pool, visiting our Farm Market for fresh, homemade ice cream, hitting up our neighborhood playground, and pretty much playing non-stop for two days straight. We miss our sweet Addy girl already! I also got 10 hours of sleep last night if that tells you anything - ha! Two girls nights this week (aka out past my bedtime x2) + one night with an extra little one in our crew = one tired momma. I am getting OLD. :) 







A Charleston getaway. Last weekend, my hub and I were able to sneak away to Charleston with some dear friends. It was an absolute BLAST!!! And...that's all I'll say about that. ;)




Dennis the Menace strikes again. Oh Lawd. Recently, my Harrison, aka our very own Dennis the Menace #DTM, took it upon himself to re-create some delicious energy balls he had made with our babysitter earlier that day. I came home from running an errand (while my hub was working upstairs) to a very proud and excited little boy...and a disaster of a kitchen - ha! He had gotten some of the crucial ingredients (peanut butter, Nutella, powdered sugar) and made a masterpiece of his own, even preparing it on the plate like our sitter had. And actually...it was really good! He was so proud of his creation, and blind to the kitchen disaster in his wake, that I just smiled while wiping up approximately one pound of powdered sugar from every nook and cranny of my kitchen. This kid sure keeps us laughing! :) 

And with that, our lazy weekend begins! We don't know where it'll take us but it won't be far I assure you! A weekend at home is good for the soul, and I can't wait for this one with my Lu Crew. Have a good one, y'all! 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the time doing family time! God bless all!
    I don’t like Nutella but that stuff sounded good anyway! So did y’all just scrape it up off the counter or did you use fruit or what??

    ReplyDelete