Sunday, December 16, 2018

40 Before 40

Today, I turn the big 3-8, which means I am inching closer and closer to 40. I was in the middle of a barre class last week when it hit me: I want to come up with a bucket list of 40 things to do/try/accomplish before I turn 40. And since I am now exactly two years away, I thought now would be a good time to start generating the list so that I can start tackling these items, challenging myself, and having some almost-40-year-old FUN! 

But can I be so bold as to make a birthday request from each of you? I need more suggestions to add to my list! As you can see below, I haven't yet brainstormed 40 - I am only halfway there; so, I would LOVE if you could pass along any ideas or suggestions, either by commenting right here on the blog or under the Facebook link for this post. Pretty please with a birthday cake and cherry on top?! I need 20 more ideas! 

They don't all have to be over-the-top or elaborate or outside-the-box. As you can see below, some are as simple as going to a movie by myself and others are more elaborate, like going for a hot air balloon ride. The thing is, they just all need to be things I have never done before. This mid-30s momma...okay almost-40 momma...needs a good challenge before I take on the next decade. And I've got two years to get 'er done. So. What say you? Help a momma out, please! 

Here's what I've got so far: 
  • Try out for something new.
  • Go on a hot air balloon ride.
  • Master the InstaPot.
  • Keep a plant alive for three months.
  • Learn how to do contouring and highlighting.
  • Go to a movie by myself.
  • Needlepoint something. 
  • Take a surf lesson.
  • Go on a social media fast for one month.
  • Transform a piece of furniture.
  • Go to wine country.
  • Make a new cake recipe.
  • Play a round of golf with my hub.
  • Read a book in two days.
  • Go snow tubing.
  • Try a new food.
  • Read the Old Testament in it's entirety.
  • Start a women's Bible Study.
  • Go white water rafting.
  • Try a new haircut/color.

Thank you, friends! Now, off to celebrate with the ones I love. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment