Friday, December 21, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, It's Christmas Time!!! Edition

You know how, last week and the week before, I only managed one blog post each week? Well, let's just say this chock-full post will make up for what was lacking. Whew. It.Has.Been.A.Week. But honestly? As packed full as it was? I LOVED it. Because I absolutely love the holiday season. In fact, I love that my birthday is in December because the lights and the joy and the merriment and the cheer and the kindness that abounds just makes it that much better. 

Anywho. It was a busy week but a really, really good one. Here's what went down as we celebrated this last week before Christmas arrives in just a few short days: 

Elementary school holiday luncheon. Last Friday, my hub and I attended our big two's second annual holiday luncheon at our beloved elementary school. Although Harrison was in preschool during the time of the festivities, Bella was able to join, and we had a crazy, chaotic, loud, big ol' time! 




BLOMPSmas. We wish you a Merry BLOMPSmas...Last weekend, we headed to Columbia, South Carolina, where my parents live, to celebrate BLOMPSmas (aka Christmas with my "side" of the fam). This translates into 13 adults and 14 kiddos, all piled under one roof. It was as nutso as you can imagine, and I loved every.single.minute. <3








Nutcracker. This was the firth year in a row for Raleigh and I to take in the magic that is The Nutcracker. The four years prior, we had attended with both of her grandmas joining us - so special!! This year, we were sad our Nana wasn't able to make it but happy to have four aunts, three cousins, and Bammy there to take it all in. I just love it so, so much. Definitely one of my most favorite Christmas traditions. AND I really think Bels will be ready to join us next year, and I am just giddy thinking about it! 






My birthday. Last weekend was also my birthday, and I had a lovely day with my Lu Crew. I was treated to breakfast in bed and got to lounge and do whatever my heart desired before we headed to church. We then picked up a yummy lunch at Panera and came home, where I was able to spend some time blogging while my hub took care of everything - feeding the kids, getting them down for naps, etc. Next, I headed out for some "me time" that turned into "friend time" when I ran into a sweet friend during my (once annual -  ha!) mani/pedi and then another during barre class. I came home, changed, and we were back out the door...for our second annual trip to Winterfest at Carowinds. We went last year during it's inaugural year and LOVED it. They do they best job and the park transformation is incredible - they think of every detail and the lights are spectacular! Finally, we came home to enjoy the homemade carrot cake my hub always makes me on my birthday -  it's my mama's recipe and it's my favorite! Alright, 38 - let's do this thing!  












Panthers game. The next night, we headed to Bank of America Stadium with some of our favorite friends to take in a little Monday Night Football, a la Panther's style. We had the absolute BEST time, and even though our Panthers lost, the 1:00 am bedtime was totally worth it. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! So much fun with people we love so very much!










Birthday breakfast. Despite the super-duper-late bedtime (on a school night - gasp!), I was so excited to enjoy a birthday breakfast with some dear friends I just adore the next morning. Girl time is some of my favorite time, and it was such a lovely way to kick off a busy Tuesday and week!

Dance observation day. The following day was the Christmas Dance Observation Day for our Rals. <3 You guys...she amazed me. She really did. She is so ridiculously flexible and was so confident up there, rocking her holiday dance and nailing the choreography. We were so proud of her! 





White Elephant, 3rd grade edition. Meanwhile, Banks was at a White Elephant Christmas party with a group of his 3rd grade buddies, hosted by an awesome (and brave! -  a house full of wild and crazy 3rd grade boys?! God speed, LL!) momma friend. THEN, he had his last basketball game of December that night. It was a real nail-biter, but they brought home the W, making them 3-1 on the season so far. Go Knights! 



Holiday school activities galore. Did I mention there have been a host of school activities for all four of my kiddos this week? Let's see...there was Polar Express Day, a school Christmas party, and a music program for Harrison (he was a Wise Man and did so great!, just like his big bro four years ago, in the same role!); there was pajama day/Christmas party day for Bella; there was Grinch Day for Raleigh yesterday and as of this morning, I am helping with her class gingerbread party; and there was a Christmas/pajama party for Banks, too. All photo evidence as follows:  ;) 











Christmas cookie dough. And finally, I have cranked out 82 orders of my homemade, non-spreadable cookie dough OVER THE LAST WEEK. Lord Almighty. I am done! :) 

And now, a mere half-day for my big two is all that separates us from two glorious weeks of Christmas break. Tonight, my hub and I have our annual Christmas dinner with two of our favorite couples, a night that has become a tradition over the last several years. We have an evening of boat caroling on Sunday. And lots of rest and family time to recover from the madness that was this week in between, as we excitedly anticipate Christmas' arrival! I will have one final post on Monday before Christmas but until then, have a GREAT holiday-esque weekend friends! See you on Monday! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment