Friday, December 14, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, One-Post-Wonder Yet Again

Well, another December Friday has arrived and turns out, this was another one of those one-post weeks. The funny thing is, I actually feel so much less holiday stressed this year and as though I have more time. Whether that be because we had that extra week between Thanksgiving and Christmas, or because one of our extended family Christmas celebrations is going down the weekend after Christmas this year (thus leaving us an extra, travel-free weekend pre-Christmas this year), or because last December, we were gone three weekends in a row, or a combination of all of the above, I don't know. But I do feel less stressed, more on top of things, and more able to enjoy the specialness of this season. 

But I still only managed one post this week. Go figure. 

Maybe a glimpse at some of the things we're saying CHEERS to this weekend will help explain it...

Snow...err....Ice Days. Well, we got a sprinkling of snow over the weekend last weekend...and I do mean a teeny tiny sprinkling...but lots of rain and freezing temps leading to lots of icy roads leading to no school on Monday and a 2-hour delay on Tuesday! And I got to spend allllll day Monday with two additional cuties in the form of my niece and nephew. You see, my sister is a hard working orthodontist and the practice was still open on Monday, yet her kiddos' school was closed and her hubby was out of town. Enter: Aunt Lu! We sure had fun! We cake popped and cookie decorated and board gamed and ran wild all the live-long day. :) 








Christmas traditions. I actually have a half-written post about this I'll be sharing soon, but for now, I'll just say we've been having fun completing some of our favorite Christmas traditions, including painting pottery as a family (during which I create a piece to add to the dinnerware we eat off of for our Christmas dinner each year). 






We also visited the jolly ol' soul earlier this week, and aside from Raleigh suddenly and very unexpectedly asking for a complete random gift out of the blue (which is not happening; my Christmas shopping is DONE), it was a great visit! Oh, and Santa informed Rals that he is fresh out of "real wheelchairs that I can play with" in the workshop this year, but that the calling watch she also wanted is, in fact, in stock. Thanks, Santa! ;) 





And then, our Daddy spontaneously suggested a trip to Dave & Busters for dinner/fun. It was a unanimous YES!!!





Baking Days. Y'all know I love, love, love to bake but hardly have the time, time, time to do it (see also: two weeks in a row of one-post-wonders #wheredoesthetimego). Well, I got do bake and decorate some special cookies for some special therapists and teachers during our ice days, and I loved every minute of it. AND for the second year in a row, the sales of my non-spreadable cookie dough are well underway. There are 26 orders being picked up today, and there will be another 48 orders I'll be making and selling next week. Whew! The Lu Crew kitchen is a' hoppin'! 



And that's it for now, friends! We have a packed full, memory-makin' next few days, starting tonight and ending with a special breakfast on Tuesday. Then, there will be school parties and Christmas programs and surprise plans and a partridge in a pear tree. Be back soon to share it all! Have a GREAT weekend, y'all!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment