Friday, December 7, 2018

Cheers to the Weekend, Season's in Full Swing Edition

'Tis the season to squeeze in blog posts wherever I can! And sadly, there was only room for one lonely post this week thanks to a couple extra appointments for our Bella and some extra errands that needed to be completed. But alas, Friday is here and with it, my weekly CHEERS post! Here's what we're saying CHEERS to as we welcome in the (possibly snowy?!?) weekend: 

Winter sports. Whelp, winter sports are in full swing. Banks and Rals are playing basketball, Raleigh is continuing dance, and Banks is playing in a neighborhood flag football league. Harrison is taking the season off to rest up for his spring endeavors, and Bels is rounding things out with her three hours of home therapies each week. ;) 




ACC Championship. Go Tigers! Last Saturday, our Clemson Tigers played in the ACC Championship game in Charlotte, about 20 minutes from our home. A thoughtful friend ended up gifting us with some really awesome (covered, aka dry in all the rain!) seats on Friday night; so, we found a last minute sitter and headed to the game Saturday night. It was a blast! And our Tigers are ACC Champs again! We will be thrilled to be cheering them on in the Cotton Bowl for the College Football Playoffs and will be crossing our fingers and toes they win so that our friends and us can use the hotel rooms we booked a year ago for the National Championship game in California! Come on, Tigers!!! 








Cheering on Nana. Also last weekend, we got to support someone else we love...Nana! We drove to Aiken late Sunday afternoon so that we could make it to her 6:00 pm performance of "The Living Christmas Tree," which took place in the church my hub grew up going to. It was so, so special seeing her on that stage and rooting her on. She had six VERY proud grandchildren (as well as a proud husband, son, daughter, and son and daughter "in law") there to take in the beauty and meaning of the program. It was just so special. And I was SO proud of my kiddos (and niece and nephew!) who were all so well-behaved, despite the program ending after 8:00 pm. They just sat in awe and waved as hard as they could to their Nana. So, so sweet. <3







Laughing at Mom Fails. Hi, my name is Lindsay and I mom failed last weekend. #oops Apparently, there is a class bear in Harrison's pre-k class, named "Hero." And also apparently, each weekend, Hero comes home with a classmate so that the two of them can have all kinds of adventures together, each of which is supposed to be documented and then displayed in the class notebook that accompanies Hero home. Harrison was SO excited when I picked him up last Friday: it was HIS TURN TO BRING HERO HOME!!! YAY!!! Only, we accidentally left Hero in the car at noon on Friday and totally forgot about him until we got back in my car for church on Sunday. Did I mention we were supposed to have been (photo) documenting all the lovely adventures Hero had been having with our family? My bad. Luckily, I talked my way into scoring one extra day with Hero, and were able to squeeze in a whole weekend o' fun into approximately eight hours. I'm guessing Hero won't be visiting Case de Lu anytime again soon. :) 


 Hey look! Hero joined us for church (after being discovered in my car moments before. Oops.)

 Who says having breakfast isn't an adventure? I mean, clearly Bella is THRILLED about it. 

 Hero did help us handout Christmas cards...

...and decorate our Gingerbread house. Hope you had fun, Hero! ;) 

Supportive sibs. Speaking of school, please excuse me...I am going to mom brag for a moment. Feel free to scroll down to the next topic or gag as you read along. ;) I found two thoughtful things my big two did at school last week that made my heart so proud: First, Banks independently contacted his old 1st grade teacher (who just so happens to be Raleigh's current 1st grade teacher) and asked if HE could be the mystery reader for her class that Friday. The "mystery reader" is a job that different parents volunteer for each week...but Banks wanted to surprise his sister; so, he took the initiative to arrange it and show up to read. And then our beloved Mrs. Blackwell took this pic and my heart just about melted when I saw it and heard what he had done:



And then my sweet Raleigh decided she wanted to pay it forward and asked her former kindergarten teacher if SHE could read to her current kindergarten class. And sweet Ms. Feneis took pictures and videos of it all and sent it my way. 



We have plenty of tough moments during our days, and we are all a work in progress, but moments like these are worth all the blood, sweat, and tears....and prayers and love and presence and hard work...my hub and I work so hard to pour into our kiddos. <3

Successful appointments. Bella saw two new health professionals this week: one was our pediatric dentist. It was her first ever dental appointment and she did great and came out cavity free! Friends, this is such a blessing. So many children who are adopted from large Chinese orphanages end up having significant tooth decay, requiring teeth extractions and/or multiple filled cavities. We are so thankful that her teeth look healthy to this point! 



And yesterday, I took her to see a pediatric cardiologist as we work to sort out some remaining question marks. I could not have been more impressed with the cardiologist - he was so kind and so thorough and so reassuring. AND after undergoing an EKG, Echo, and ultrasound of the heart, and having her blood pressure and oxygen levels assessed, he informed us that she has a perfectly strong and healthy heart and vascular system. Praise God! Thank you, Jesus!!!

And that's it for this week, y'all. I am going to try hard to post more than once next week, BUT next week is also the first of two weeks that I will be using alllllll my spare minutes to  complete 73 orders of my homemade, non-spreadable cookie dough. Check out this cute princess chick who accompanied me to Costco earlier this week to pick up some supplies: 



So, my kitchen will be buzzin', Goldy will still be up to his hijinx, my wrapping will begin, and we'll sneak in a few fun Christmas activities, too. Whew! And I love it all! Happy Holiday Friday, friends! Be back soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment