Friday, April 5, 2019

Cheers to the Weekend, Hello April Edition

Well, April has arrived and with it, a snowy day on Tuesday?! Say wha?! Yep - we had some big ol' snowflake flurries on April 2nd, which were capped off by a beautiful, warm, sunny afternoon. Spring in the South, you are one of a kind. 

Anywho, we are happy to welcome in the weekend, which after rain today, promises to be beautiful and sunny and perfect for outside play - hooray! Here are a few things we're saying CHEERS to this week/end: 

Friendships of old and new. I just have to share this sweet picture one of my girlfriends captured of our boys from earlier this week. These boys were two of each others' first friends here, having moved here to the Mill only a few months apart and not knowing a soul. They have remained the best of friends over the 6+ years we've known them, and it's been so special to see them on the same baseball team again this year, having been on their first team together back in 2013. I just love their friendship (and the one I share with that momma friend, too). <3



My girly tomboy. Raleigh Jane, the sugar-and-spice of our family; the nurturing heartbeat of our crew who also knows how to push a button or two. ;) I should have known that she would love football as much as she loves performing. It is just SO her to love both things equally - dainty but tough, that's our girl. Case in point? She had dance photos on Wednesday and then rocked it at her football game last night. Atta girl. Love her so!




Old school movies. Almost every Friday night, we stay in and do a family movie night - we've done it for years now, and I just love starting the weekends that way. I know as the kiddos get older and more obligations arise, things will change and transition, but for now, we do it every time the weekend allows. The last two weekends, instead of an animated movie, I have brought back some classic 80s and 90s movies from my childhood, and the kids have loved them, namely Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and The Sandlot. They've also seen A Never-ending Story, Home Alone, The Goonies, The Little Rascals, Harry and the Hendersons, and Annie. 

I compiled a list of other movies from my childhood I want to show them over time, and thought I'd share here (1) so that I would have it documented when brainstorming movies, and (2) in case you want it, too! Still on my list to show them? Willow, The Mighty Ducks, Problem Child, Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, E.T., The Karate Kid, My Girl, Troop Beverly Hills, Back to the Future, The Addams Family, Free Willy, Adventures in Babysitting, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, and Drop Dead Fred. Any other 80s/90s classics I'm missing, fellow Gen Xers? 

Wacky Wednesday. Harrison's preschool is studying the letter "W" this week, which made sense that it was "Wacky Wednesday" a couple days ago. This kid and his big personality just kill me. Just don't tell him he's hilarious: he hates being called that for some reason. :) 


And that's that! We have a pretty laid-back weekend ahead, aside from a double date night tonight, Harrison's teeball game tomorrow, and my hub's big Spartan race on Sunday. Otherwise, we'll be living our best Spring life outside. Yeehaw! Have a beautiful weekend, friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment