Monday, April 29, 2019

Rolling into Five: A Bowling Birthday Bash

Several months ago, I gave Harrison a number of different options for birthday celebration ideas, and he was adamant about what he wanted as soon as this particular suggestion left my lips: bowling! And what the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets! :)

Honestly, this party was super easy, as we hosted it at a local game and attractions center. There was very little I had to do, seeing as how 60 minutes of the 90-minute party would include 30 minutes of games and 30 minutes of bowling, all of which was provided by Sports Connection. This meant I really only needed to provide some favors and some food, and the party prep was D.O.N.E. He had so much fun, and it was pretty darn easy to pull together. Win-win! 

Here, a look at Harrison's 5th Birthday Bowling Party: 



The Invitation. I found these on etsy via BS Super Clip Art. The seller was easy to work with and had the pdf file to me in a couple days, which I then printed at our local UPS. Easy peasy! 


The outfit. I gave Harrison several options of party shirts, and while my hub and I were crossing our fingers he would select the retro bowling shirt option, he was insistent on his selection. I bought the shirt from etsy seller Lollipop Kids 14, who was great! 


The favors. Y'all know this baker loves a celebration - it is the perfect excuse to get back in the #DocMommaBakes kitchen. While our current family schedule doesn't allow for me to take on custom cookie orders again just yet, I do make an exception for my own kiddos' birthdays. I made these bowling pins and balls as part of the favors, and it was so fun to get back to baking again!



The guests also received personalized bowling pin water bottles (which I purchased on Amazon and then personalized myself using my trusty Silhouette Cameo) and a miniature bowling game (also purchased on Amazon). 





The food. The food was simple and easy! Because the party was mid-afternoon (i.e., after lunch but before dinner), we opted for some "Gutter Balls" (i.e., cheese balls), "Bowling Balls" (i.e., Whoppers), and thematic cupcakes of course, which were easy to make thanks to some black sanding sugar and white candies. ;) 







The fun. Although we missed a few friends who couldn't make it, three of Harrison's sweet buddies were able to come, along with two of his cousins, and, of course, his three sibs. We just loved getting to spend the afternoon with these cuties while celebrating our bowling birthday boy!










Harrison had an absolute *ball* at his bowling bash, and we are so thankful for all of the sweet guests for *rolling* with us that day. Okay, okay. I'll *spare* y'all from any more party puns. ;) Happy Birthday, Harrison. We are so glad you were able to *strike* up so much birthday fun (okay, NOW I'm done). 




No comments:

Post a Comment