Monday, December 23, 2019

Cheers to the Week, Pre-Christmas Edition

I tried all last week to get this thing written, but alas, it is the holiday season, and we all know how fast time flies and how full the days are this time of year! But, as of 2:25 pm last Wednesday, Christmas break officially began!! I cannot tell you how excited I am to have this time off with my Lu Crew. As it is for all of us, life is busy and fast-paced and I am truly looking forward to taking the next couple weeks to slooooooow down. Before that though, we've been busy little Lus with a full holiday schedule. A few Christmasy things we've been saying CHEERS to over the last week:

Cute kindergarten programs. Last Friday, Harrison and the rest of the kindergarten cuties put on the most adorable Christmas program. My sweet boy was putting on a good front, but still, something seemed a little...off. Well, 30 minutes after the program ended, my poor buddy threw up all over his class! Luckily, the stomach bug was gone within 24 hours!




The Griswold Lu family RV! If you know me, you know I come from a large family. And last weekend, there was going to be a G.Gram, two grandparents, six grown siblings + spouses, and all but one of 15 cousins crashing together for our annual BLOMPSmas family weekend. Long story short, my hub decided to rent an RV at the last minute for us to sleep in all weekend, with it parked in my parents' driveway. Yes, it's about as Cousin Eddie as you can get. And......we LOVED it!!! Aside from none of us getting any decent sleep Friday night (after Harrison was wired from medication to help his stomach bug and Bels kept waking up crying, not knowing where she was), it was a BLAST! And we all got great sleep by Saturday night - we were pooped! And seriously, it was so fun!!!




BLOMPSmas. And yes, we had a jolly ol' time with our family last weekend. Nothing makes me happier than family time, and we got to celebrate with my "side" at my parents' house. It was as loud and crazy as you can imagine, and my heart was full from it all. 





 







The Nutcracker. For the sixth year, Raleigh and I attended The Columbia City Ballet's Nutcracker, along with both of her grandmas. It is such a special tradition for us. But this year, Bella was old enough to join (along with one of my sisters and nieces)! I'm not going to lie: it was snacks that helped Bella make it through the end of the show. And at one silent moment of the ballet, Bella opted to yell out, "All done!!" BUT we truly did have a beautiful, if not feisty ;), time. 







Holiday feast. Every year, our beloved elementary school puts on a "Holiday Feast" for families to attend with their students a few days before Christmas break. This year, it fell on my birthday! So, we spent a couple hours feasting with our little Lus at school that day. :) 






My bday. And speaking of, I welcomed in the last year of my 30s last week! It was such a wonderful day. It began with a big birthday breakfast with girlfriends I adore; included a holiday feast with my Lu Crew, a little run and some shopping solo; and then a date night with my hub. I loved every minute, and every message; so, thank you all! Thirty-nine: let's do this thing!





Dough. For the third year in a row, I offered my non-spreadable cookie dough neighbors and cranked out 68 orders over the last two weeks - whew! But I truly love knowing that something I create with love helps others establish and maintain their own special holiday traditions with family and friends. <3

Dance night. Last week was parent observation week at Bella's dance studio. To see a little girl who had just learned to stand independently two years ago, at age 2.5 years, tapping and plie-ing and twirling and jumping all around the studio now? Well, thankful is an understatement. All the glory to God. 





Christmas shenanigans. Amongst the Christmas parties and dinners and celebrations with friends, we have managed to sneak in some holiday fun as a fam. Gingerbread houses and elfin games, momma/daddy dates and Christmas movie snuggling, we truly have enjoyed this season together. 












We have a couple more fun, festive things up our sleeves before Christmas arrives, including carolling for residents of a local nursing home in just a bit; so, we are off to soak in the last bit of holiday magic. I'll be back with one last, quick post tomorrow. Until then, Merry Christmas Eve Eve to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment