Friday, December 27, 2019

Christmas 2019

Holly, jolly friends! It's hard to believe Christmas has come and gone already! Before we welcome in the next holiday (New Year's! What! What!), I wanted to take a post to share what Christmas looked life for the Lu Crew. <3

I kicked things off bright and early Christmas Eve morning by participating for the second year in my 'hood's "Jingle Jog" - such a great way to burn off a few of the (mannnny) Christmas treats I've been devouring - ha! I'm basically just a walking, talking sugar molecule at this point. ;) 


We then spent the remainder of the morning decorating cookies for Santa, making reindeer food, and getting ready for my favorite church service of the year: our Christmas Eve, candelight service. 




After a tear-inducing service with the most incredible worship, we headed home to eat dinner, spread our reindeer food, set out Santa's treats, and then listen to both The Night Before Christmas (read by Raleigh this year :) ) and the story of Jesus' birth from The Bible, traditions for our fam. 





Soon, the kids were nestled all snug in their beds while my hub and I finished up Christmas preparations while watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (another favorite tradition of ours). 


We awoke to some very excited kiddos, who had to wait upstairs while the breakfast casseroles were put in the oven, coffee was poured, Christmas music was playing, and video cameras were set to record. After our annual Christmas-jammie-photo-at-the-top-of-the-stairs, it was off to the races. 


And oh.my.dear.Lord. Their faces. Their surprise. Their joy. Their excitement. It was everything. 








We spent the morning opening gifts and eating breakfast and playing with new toys before heading outside to enjoy the gorgeous Christmas weather with neighbors while our kids ran wild and played on our street, running from house to house, having a jolly ol' time. <3



Lastly, my hub cooked the most delicious steak dinner, which we enjoyed as a family before catching the end of Home Alone and then heading off to bed. It truly was a magical day full of so much happiness and joy, all surrounding the birth of our Savior. Just awesome. 





And now, we are off to cap off Christmas to celebrate with my hub's "side" of the family, and I cannot wait. <3 I pray Christmas magic filled each of your houses and that the joy you felt carries you through the end of 2019. I'll be back next week with one last post of 2019. Until then, Merry Merry, friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment