Thursday, June 20, 2013

Let's Hear it for the Girls

This week, Banks has been participating in his first ever Summer Camp! It is a half-day program, Monday through Friday, and he has been having an absolute blast (and has been taking good naps all week as a result...which are certainly becoming more of a rarity these days).


Each day the camp has a different theme, and Banks even came home with his first ever "pet" after the first day of camp, a worm he named "Haney" (What the??). He is very attentive to his pet, even giving me babysitting (err...worm-sitting) instructions when Papa Banks was off doing other, very important things (e.g., jumping on his mini-tramp; having races in the yard; you get the picture).


Banks also has been able to do arts and crafts, swim, play sports, eat snacks, and play, play, play. I think it's safe to say he's been having a great time! 

While I was a little sad to drop him off at his first big boy camp (sniff, sniff), I was also excited for what the week would hold. You see, my sweet, little 17-month-old Raleigh tends to get the short end of the stick when it comes to planned activities with my kids. She is often just along for the ride, and while she is still able to have fun wherever we go, the activities are typically geared toward more "big kid" fun since a certain preschooler tends to get priority when plans are being made. 

Not this week, though. No, not this week. This week was all about just enjoying time with my girl. 

Here's what my little sidekick and I have been up to this week:

We took at class at a local children's gym, which Raleigh absolutely L.O.V.E.D. If you know my Rals, you know that she is happiest when she is climbing up and down, up and down, up and down, over and over and over. So. You can just imagine that this little children's gym? Well, it was just a little slice o' heaven for my girl.







While I did manage to ignore the nagging "to do" list voice all week, who always seems to be a'beckoning, we did still need to hit up the grocery store in order to fill up little bellies this week. Although this is not an errand I particularly enjoy...ever..., it is much easier when there is one little tagalong, instead of two. Especially when that tagalong loves nothing more than to greet every grocery store patron with a wave and a "Hi!" while giving her cheesiest grins away left and right.


We also managed to squeeze in a jog or two throughout the week, although I'm pretty sure this little one enjoyed it more than I did, despite the position she tends to assume by the end of said jogs:


We also met some friends for a poolside playdate at a local pool. It was a great half-day of fun in the sun and splash, splash, splashin' away. And, I will say, I was able to relax a little more since I didn't have one eyeball zoned in on a certain preschooler and the other eyeball zoned in on a certain toddler. Nope. Two eyeballs on one little, bikini-clad body this time around.





Another day I took Raleigh to try out a new playground. Not surprisingly, she most enjoyed climbing up and down the stairs to the slide. Up and down. Up and down. Wash, rinse, repeat. We also enjoyed a nice picnic in the park, with lots of great conversation. :)










For our last Momma/Raleigh day, we'll probably be doing some of our most favorite things: Playing outside, reading good books, and catching up on the latest gossip. :)



Such a fun week with my little girl! Now, off for some laidback, no-plans-are-the-best-plans, weekend fun. Happy weekend to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment