Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Men In My Life

Dear Dale, 

Thank you for stepping into being the father-figure in my life that was missing for 11 years. Thank you for taking on four more children, in addition to your own two, and loving us unconditionally. Thank you for loving my Momma and showing her devotion, respect, and companionship, things she has always deserved but not always gotten. Thank you for walking me down the aisle. Thank you for loving my children, giving Raleigh hugs and snuggles, and sword-fighting, golfing, and racing cars with Banks. Thank you for being the grill master. In short, thank you for being such an important, influential, meaningful man in my life. Thank you for being you (and, sometimes, Ditka, to those who ask you for your autograph). I love you. Happy Father's Day!




Dear Terry,

Thank you for being nothing short of, well, Terry. Thank you (and Leah) for being an example of true and ever-lasting love. Thank you for fighting for our country, spending time away from your loved ones to protect us and our freedom. Thank you for always, always being there for Clay when he needs advice--he loves you so much and is so proud you are his Dad...we both are. Thank you for always having a story to tell. Thank you for making us laugh. Thank you for your passion for fishing-I love when we get to reap the delicious benefits! Thank you for your tireless energy and effort in everything you do. Thank you for being the best father "in law" in the whole world. I love you. Happy Father's Day!




Dear Clay,

Thank you for loving me and our babies more than anything in this whole world. Thank you for working so hard to provide for us. Thank you for coaching Banks' first teeball team and for taking him golfing every chance you get--these will prove to be some of his first and greatest memories, of that I am sure. Thank you for rocking our baby girl to sleep, singing her songs, and giving her kisses, over and over. You are certainly her first love. Thank you for letting me make mistakes. Thank you for putting up with lackluster meals. Thank you for being the kind of Daddy I could have only dreamed of for my babies--one who is involved in every aspect of their lives and loves them with every ounce of his being. Thank you for making my dreams come true. I love you. Happy Father's Day!




I am one lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment