Sunday, September 22, 2013

Always, Sometimes, Never

I ALWAYS...

...eat hamburgers, hotdogs, and sandwiches condiment-free. Mustard? Barf. Mayonnaise? Disgusting. Ketchup? No thank you. Special sauce? I'll pass. Plain is where it's at for this lady.

...feel better on the days I exercise. Lately, I've been hitting 5 or 6 days a week, including long walks with my kiddos the days my hub's out of town. Let's see if I can keep this up now that bathing suit season has come and gone.

...have MUCH more energy at the beginning than the end of the day. I can knock out so much more by 7:30 am than I can at 7:30 pm. I am definitely a morning person.

...miss our Atlanta church, Buckhead Church. I still listen to Andy Stanley sermons online. 

...love our weekend dinners because often it means we are either eating with friends, bringing home take out, or my hub is taking the reigns. Have I mentioned I do not possess a passion for cooking? 

...love seeing how much they love each other. 


I SOMETIMES...

...wish the era of social media and smartphones would die down already. Sadly, I think we are still in the first chapter of this long technological novel. 

...go too long before shaving.

 ...well actually, often these days, wake up in the middle of the night, with my mind racing, and I feel unable to turn it off. It can be exhausting. I wish my brain would kindly realize that a Momma needs a full night of uninterrupted sleep!

...get sooooooo tired of playing with race cars. But. I try to remember how much a certain little buddy loves them and, thus, suck it up. 

...feel like I am doing a good enough job as a Momma. And sometimes I don't. What the heck does "enough" even mean? I wish I would give myself a break sometimes. At the end of the day, if nothing else, my babies know how much they are loved. And sometimes, that is enough.


I NEVER...

...like being late. It drives me nuts! 

...turn the channel if I run across Shawshank Redemption or Fried Green Tomatoes, two of my top five favorite movies that just never get old. 

...take my family or friends for granted. I am blessed by these relationships and my life is only as valuable as the love I have in it.

...can relax unless my house is picked up. Clutter has the capacity to put me over the edge, and I am constantly picking up throughout the day. Yes, I realize this is a little obsessive. Call me clutter-compulsive if you must, but I'm a happy clutter-compulsive. 

...skip breakfast. Nor lunch. Nor dinner. Nor mid-morning, mid-afternoon, mid-evening snacks. 

...can have too many pumpkin products during the Fall season. Lattes, pies, oatmeal, ice cream, you name, I'll eat it. 

...have enough date nights with my hub. I would love to make it a bi-monthly, or at least monthly, occurrence, especially with his travel schedule. I spy a 2014 resolution...

...get tired of seeing these two sweet faces, the little loves of my life:



No comments:

Post a Comment