Friday, September 6, 2013

Coffee Date Friday: Welcoming Fall With A Little PSL

Good mornin', all you Fall-lovin' friends out there! I'm linking up yet again today with Rags to Stitches for a little coffee date to kick off the weekend. 

This morning, should we meet at our local Starbucks for the most delicious caffeinated beverage on the planet, a Pumpkin Spice Latte, I would readily share with you:

...That I think I'm still on a high from last weekend's Clemson football win against Georgia. It was, without a doubt, the best game I have ever been to. The atmosphere was absolutely electric and it was so fun to see so many of my best friends, and their awesome hubbies, for an entire day of tailgating and Fall football fun. Now, I just hope we can keep up the momentum and pull out a great 2013 season. Staring with South Carolina State tomorrow...



...That, speaking of football, we're going to make it a family affair and take both kids with us to the Clemson game this weekend. It will be interesting, seeing as how game time is at 12:30 pm, which coincides exactly with Raleigh's nap time, but we're going to give it a go and hope for the best! Not to mention, two of my best friends will be bringing their adorable kids along for the ride; so, we'll just cross our fingers and cheer extra loud should their be any cranky cries echoing around campus.

...That my little boy had a great first day of 3K on Wednesday! His teachers are very sweet and caring and many of his classmates are familiar faces from last year. I'm excited to see what the school year brings! 



...That I am really looking forward to spending some one-on-one time with my Rals three (half) days a week while Banks is in school. Being the younger sibling, her wants are often over-shadowed by her big brother's desires. So. You can imagine how excited I am that my baby girl starts gymnastics TODAY!! Finally, she will have a fun, weekly activity, that is hers and hers alone. I cannot wait!! 



...That the next three weekends are, yet again, busy, busy, busy. After this weekend's Clemson game, we'll be in Columbia hosting a couples shower for my sister and her fiancĂ©, then in Georgia the following weekend for my nephew's first birthday party, and then I'll be hosting my little buddy's 4th birthday party the weekend after that. And don't even get me started on our October calendar. Whew!! I am already tired just thinking of it. But I have a feeling it will make for a very fun month! 

...That some weeks I feel ON MY GAME as a Momma. My kiddos get all of my attention almost all of their waking hours. I am creative and focused and involved. I am patient and calm and not always in a hurry. I love weeks like that. Then, there are other weeks, like this one, where I am distracted, constantly multi-tasking between too many things that feel like they need to get done now, now, now. I don't like weeks like this one. I feel bad about myself when I have distracted weeks like this one. But. Then, I remind myself that all I can do is start fresh when the sun rises tomorrow. Next week will be a better one, a more focused one, a less distracted one. I can promise you that. 

...That we made more progress on our home decor revamp this week. A lot more progress! I can't wait to see it all come together (and to be done with it all, to be honest). I have such respect for people that have an "eye" for interior design. I truly think it is a talent, one that I am definitely lacking, especially when it comes to "grown-up" rooms.


And with that, as always, I would sit back, continue sipping my yummy PSL, and relish in the fact that I was getting the chance to hear all about YOU and your world. 

Thanks for stopping by. As always, your company is much appreciated!

Have a great weekend, wherever it may take you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment