Friday, August 8, 2014

Five On Friday: Back to Re-al-ity Edition

Is it just me or is it always hard to come back from vacation and jump back into the "real world"? What a dumb question--of course it's not just me. At any rate, yippee! It's Friday! With that said, here's my "Five on Friday" for this week:

[ONE].
In my last post, I mentioned that Harrison came down with some sort of eye infection when we were in Edisto last week. 


Well, mystery solved. I came home from the beach and woke up with a nasty case of pink eye at the start of the week. And man oh man, that stuff HURTS! My eye felt like it had glass in it the first day and was stinging and burning so much it gave me a terrible headache. And my eye was so swollen, I could barely see out of it. After heading to a clinic (with my trio in tow) and getting some drops, it slowly started feeling better. But. Then, yesterday, I realized I had those gross, white nodules all over my throat. Back to the clinic I went (again, with all three kiddos along for the ride since my hub was out of town again). Yikes! Luckily, I tested negative for strep; so, it is just some mean ol' virus. 

Needless to say, we've gone through an entire, huge container of hand sanitizer this week, religiously applying it to my hands and my kiddos' hands. So far, no one else, except my hub, has gotten it. Whew! Hopefully, that's the last we'll see of that yucky stuff for now, although my eye and throat are still in pretty bad shape today. :( Not surprisingly, my kids and I were basically quarantined to our house all week, although we managed to sneak in a little fun in our neck of the woods. 


My favorite way to start the day

Ready to bake some brownies!

[TWO].
School is looming. Eeeek! I am a Momma who loooves having lots of summer playtime with my kiddos and am always so sad when the school year rolls around. This year, since Banks doesn't turn 5 until the end of September, he'll be attending 4-year-old pre-k five mornings a week. AND Raleigh will also be going to his school, participating in the 2-year-old class for two mornings a week. Is it weird that I already miss them? And their school doesn't even start back until after Labor Day. I gotta say, seeing all these Mommas on Instagram preparing to send their babies off to kindergarten over the next couple weeks, I am very thankful for Banks' September birthday so that he doesn't start elementary school until next year. I just don't think I could emotionally handle that happening right now! Actually, even with a year to mentally prepare myself, I still don't think I'll be ready! Ha!



[THREE].
A couple updates on my Raleigh. First, she knows how to press her big brother's buttons better than anyone else. Oh, how she torments him. But then? Sixty seconds later they'll be laughing their heads off and singing "Let It Go" at the top of their lungs. Second, if you have seen any of the hundreds of photos I have taken of Banks over the last year, you have probably noticed that 90% of the time, he's in a sports jersey: football, teeball, soccer. He doesn't discriminate. Well, Raleigh has officially reached the princess-dress-every-single-day stage. It's the first thing she puts on when she wakes up and the last thing she takes off before her head hits the pillow each night. Third, I have to brag on this smarty pants for a minute. She is currently potty-training herself. Yes. Herself. I had absolutely no intention of starting potty training right now. But. After watching her cousins go potty during our beach trip, she came home and decided she wanted to join the potty par-tay. Yesterday, she called me up to the playroom bathroom to show me that she had removed her shorts and diaper and pooped in her little potty all by herself! Go, Rals, go! Next thing I know, she'll be teaching herself to drive...


[FOUR].
Y'all. I seriously cannot get enough of this kid. Cannot. Get. Enough. He has become obsessed with his feet over the last couple weeks and is just the happiest, smiliest, sweetest little baby. I've been working hard this week on getting him on a 3-hour feeding schedule, doing lots of tummy time to strengthen his little neck, and getting him to nap in his crib. I am so proud of this little buddy and all his hard work this week!

Ribbit.

My smiley baby

Not impressed.

Oh. My. Heart.

Couldn't grin any bigger if he tried.

Raise your hand if your mom sucks at swaddling.

[FIVE].
This weekend will hopefully be a pretty laid back one. My father "in law", my hub, and my Banks are going camping and fishing the first half of the weekend! I am so excited for them! Besides family, our Pop loves nothing more than fishing, and I think it is so special that he takes my hub and Banks each year to reel in some big ones! And one day, Harrison will be able to join in the fun.  Meanwhile, Raleigh will be headed to Aiken to spend a little one-on-one time with her Nana, leaving me to have a little solo Momma time with Harrison. I think it'll be a fun weekend for all! 

Well, I wrote that earlier this week and those were the plans. But. As of this morning, my hub and I are sicker than ever; so, it looks like we'll all be staying home while my hub and I try to recover and keep our littles from getting this horrible virus. If you ever want to disappoint a little boy, tell him the morning he is supposed to leave that he is no longer going fishing with his Daddy and Pop over the wekeend. :( :( :( 

Please say a prayer for our little family if you have a moment, specifically that my hub and I finally recover this weekend and that none of our kiddos get it.

Thanks, and I hope you have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment