Friday, August 29, 2014

Five On Friday: Hellooooo College Football Edition

TGIFF--Thank God It's Football Friday! And now, Five On Friday...off we go!

[ONE].
Welcome back, college football!!!! If you've followed this blog for any amount of time, you know my hub and I are die-hard Clemson fans. It's where we both went for undergrad and also where we met and fell in l.o.v.e. :) We are season ticket holders and make it back to our alma mater for as many games as possible each year, taking the kiddos along for the experience at least a couple times each season. Anywho, the Tigers open the 2014-15 season in an away game against the Georgia Bulldogs tomorrow. You can bet your bottom dollar we'll have our beer cooled, our apps hot, our Clemson gear rockin', and our cheering voices on high, all while watching the game with a group of neighborhood friends whose blood also runneth orange. Go Tigers!

[TWO].
This little (big) guy turned 4 months old this week:




Tears all around for this momma, that my last baby is now 33% of a year old. I seriously cannot believe it. Not one bit. I arranged for a sitter to watch Banks and Raleigh so that I could take Harrison alone for his 4-month well-check (and shots). He clocked in at 14 pounds, 15 ounces, and was 25.5 inches tall. Atta boy! Oh, and also....I am slowly adding dairy back into my diet!!! So far, Harrison is tolerating it well. I'm thinking a big, fat milkshake is in my near future. Prayers are MUCH appreciated that he continues to do well with it so that I can resume most of my old diet (and I say "most of" because I've found some non-dairy, non-soy products I actually enjoy!). And now, a little more about our Last Lu:


[THREE].
This is our last weekend before Banks goes back to, and Raleigh starts, school. They'll be attending the same school, with Rals going two days a week and Banks going five. Although I will really miss them when school starts next week, I'm excited for the educational adventures they'll have and also that I will finally get a little one-on-one time with Harrison--he hasn't had that yet! Banks has a fun playdate with his new classmates tomorrow morning, which will be a great way to welcome the school year. And we made sure to soak up all the fun we could out of our last full week of summer together, including three playdates and lots of individual playtime with Momma, too. 




[FOUR].
I've been slowly working on Banks' 5th birthday party. If you've read this blog for any amount of time you know that I LOVE celebrations and holidays of all kinds, with kids' birthday parties ranking high on that list! Banks' 1st birthday had a safari theme; his 2nd was a fun airplane affair at this great Atlanta playground overlooking an airport; his 3rd was sports themed; his 4th was a father-son overnight, backyard camp out. This year's theme? Splish Splash Banks' 5th Birthday Bash (i.e., a pool party). Actually, I'm planning to make it pretty low key but hopefully still lots of fun for the birthday boy and his buddies. 

[FIVE].
I am so excited that, in addition to watching as much college football as possible, my hub will be stealing his baby girl away for a Daddy date on Sunday before he and I sneak out for our own date night later that evening. We'll then be heading to our neighborhood's last pool party of the summer on Labor Day with our kiddos. Man, I love 3-day weekends! 


I hope you have lots of fun plans in the works, too! And with that....GO TIGERS!! Beat the Dawgs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment